SOS Controller For Champ Not Right

CatholicFlyer

Okay, the Champ came, got the controller talking to the plane and everything started fine, then for some reason the stick used for elevator and rudder, became the throttle lever, boy that thing has power, but we can't get the elevators and rudder stick to do it's job, tried flying, dead stick for that part, throttle good. It is a DSXM controller, has the buttons to trim the throttle and everything.

the velcro that comes to stick the battery on in it's area, horrible quality. The controller has mode one and two, will be reading the manual more tomorrow, it arrived late and studying the controller, and my dad asked if there was a video on how to setup the controller and plane.

Attachments

• WIN_20180810_22_15_48_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180810_22_15_48_Pro.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Okay, the Champ came, got the controller talking to the plane and everything started fine, then for some reason the stick used for elevator and rudder, became the throttle lever, boy that thing has power, but we can't get the elevators and rudder stick to do it's job, tried flying, dead stick for that part, throttle good. It is a DSXM controller, has the buttons to trim the throttle and everything.

the velcro that comes to stick the battery on in it's area, horrible quality. The controller has mode one and two, will be reading the manual more tomorrow, it arrived late and studying the controller, and my dad asked if there was a video on how to setup the controller and plane.
Mode 1 has the throttle on the right stick with the Ailerons, (or rudder if not using ailerons).
Mode 2 has the throttle on the left stick with the rudder, (or with nothing if the ailerons are not used.

Normally set the mode so that the stick which does not return to centre, (spring return), is the throttle. If the throttle is on the wrong side for you, then you can change mode and get your Dad to shift the spring in the transmitter from one stick gimbal to the other.

Have fun!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
From the pic, you have a mode 2 transmitter which is fine. Just make sure it is set to Mode two (throttle on the left, rudder elevator on the right).

DamoRC

CatholicFlyer

Yes! it be ready to fly, rudder and elevators work great, now can't wait to show my dad tonight when he gets home. thank you all.

CatholicFlyer

finally had nice weather for a few minutes, took the Champ out, that thing flew great, but once it got into the strong cross wind up in the sky, it hit the tractor and then the baler, both survived and still flew, then my longest flight was inverted and landed it into the crop field. hope we can a third person to record it next time and put it up on youtube.