South Denver Area Park Fliers

I'm in arvada, 52nd and wadsworth. we fly at terrance park. buddy and I both build ft planes and 250 quads. mainly flying fpv quads these days but have been wanting to build a BNversa again for fpv. both around 25 if that matters to you.
I travel to fly for new areas to explore as I dont race really just have a 250 explorer. Hope to see ya around some day.

Elexo

I'm down in Colorado Springs, about an hour from Denver. I've got some great parks around here, I would love to help with starting up a weekly meet or something like that!

JBD

Hi Nate -

I'm in the Southwest Denver area (Sheridan) - I have a few FT scratch builds as well. Where / when do you usually go flying? I often go to the park just by my house.

Thinking of building the FT hovercraft to have some fun on al that snow we got recently...

Cheers!

JB

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I'm down in Colorado Springs, about an hour from Denver. I've got some great parks around here, I would love to help with starting up a weekly meet or something like that!

Be careful, Elexo. It is illegal to fly anything in any parks in El Paso County or Colorado Springs and police can be vicious when they catch you. All the old, park meetings got crushed in 2005 when the law went into effect and police began hunting for 'drones'.

National parks are just as illegal but not as heavily monitored/enforced. If you want to fly in a park, go to Denver or Parker.

If they catch you, they will 'happily teach you a lesson in civics' as explained to me be CSPD in 2012.

Try SCORCH out east.

Killa Watt

I'm over in Arvada, with Clancy. We have a small group of 4-5 people that fly. Quads and ft planes mainly.
We also built air boats out of boogie boards to have fun in that snow we had. Still works on the grass too.
If you are ever in the area feel free to give us a shout. I check here often and we live right across from said park. So just rev up a motor or two and i'm sure to hear.

https://goo.gl/maps/BB68UYGXU4Q2

kkelly

Did anything ever come of this? I'm in Littleton and about to get back into flying after many years. I'd love to find a few people to fly with.

Denver has similar laws banning flying in public parks. The ordinance allows for designated flying areas, but I haven't been able to find any so far.

FOGeologist

Did anything ever come of this? I'm in Littleton and about to get back into flying after many years. I'd love to find a few people to fly with.

Denver has similar laws banning flying in public parks. The ordinance allows for designated flying areas, but I haven't been able to find any so far.
I have a group I refer to as the "Friendly Frederick Foam Flyers;" we fly at the Frederick High School back parking lot at 10:00 on Saturdays. It abuts farmland, and there's a big grass field for belly-landers. Pretty low-traffic, too.

kkelly

Sounds like fun. I live almost an hour's drive from there, so I wouldn't be able to attend regularly, but I'll definitely keep it in mind for when I'm ready to fly.