Southeaster Model Show Perry GA Friday and Saturday 1-2 March 2013

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
What are you doing next weekend? If you're near Perry Georgia, you need to check this event out!

http://www.gamarc.com/georgia.html

sms2003_2.JPG

http://gamarc.com/PDF/flyer for sms_2013.pdf

If you get to go, please take lots of pictures and share what great deals you were able to get.

Show Information

Friday set up for those with table reservations 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. Gates open Friday for main event 1:00 - 7:00 P.M. Saturday8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Located at the Georgia National Fairgrounds & AgriCenter, exit 135 Interstate 75, 100 miles south of Atlanta, Georgia, 135 miles north of the Florida border. Raffles, Flying Demonstrations, Indoor Electric Flying Demo's, Indoor Fly-In Friday and Saturday, Exchange/Swap Meet, and MECA Collecto. Outdoor control line demonstration on Saturday at 9:30 AM and R/C & Heli demonstrations at 11:00 AM on the north side of the fairgrounds.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
At just over 1000 tables (1016, to be exact -- already booked up) and a 20,000 sqft building for indoor flying, there *might* be a bigger RC swap meet in the world . . . but I don't know where ;)

I'll be there, probably either be hanging out at the J&H aerospace booth with Josh (no, not that Josh, or the other Josh . . . the Other other Josh), in the indoor flying building or wandering around spending money I don't have . . . Sounds like a fantastic weekend to me :)

ridepate

Having been a seller and a buyer there........Love it!!!! The son and I will be there! Little funny to me story...I think it was 2003. That was introduction of the micro-Coax helis....A few vendors were selling them. We had a table with our personal stuff. I'd go buy them for(I don't remember the figures exactly) but say 24.00, and bring them back to our table, and sell them for 30.00....I bought/sold about 50 of them until no more stock was left on the property!!! Good stuff!!

Last edited:

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Having been a seller and a buyer there........Love it!!!! The son and I will be there! Little funny to me story...I think it was 2003. That was introduction of the micro-Coax helis....A few vendors were selling them. We had a table with our personal stuff. I'd go buy them for(I don't remember the figures exactly) but say 24.00, and bring them back to our table, and sell them for 30.00....I bought/sold about 50 of them until no more stock was left on the property!!! Good stuff!!

That's one long drive for you. :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Officially, No, but . . . why not here?

I know for sure I'm bringing a pair of "under 250g" racing quads (build underway), and debating on a few other airframes.