Help! SP Racing F3 V1 and Spektrum AR610 hook up

Captain Video

Hi Everyone:
I am building a 210mm quadcopter with a SP Racing F3 V1 flight controller and an Spektrum AR610 PWM reciever. I am totally baffled how to wire the reciever to the Control board. Everything else seems to work but the AR610 is not communicating properly with the F3 board. I am using Cleanflight which comes with the F3. I am a casual flyer and have built quads before. Any advise would be great. The only video on YouTube I have found that adresses the issue directly is from 2015 and I am afraid the information is dated. Thanks in advance. Captain V

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If you look at the manual for the SPF3 you will see the IO1 and IO2 connectors. You can get power and ground from either, and then just connect the signal wires from the Rx to the appropriate wire in each cable. Videos from 2015 are probably still valid, as this is pretty old tech (relatively speaking ;)). Very few recent boards (if any) even allow for PWM Rx communication, it's most commonly serial in use today. PPM is usually still available (one wire for all channels) but that is fading into disuse as well as the latency is even worse than PWM.

http://www.seriouslypro.com/files/SPRacingF3-Manual-latest.pdf