SP0NZ - Plans Index

Hi all. I suspect I'm being a bit thick but I see the resource post for the Goblin and the Edge but I can't find the plans anywhere. Help please.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi all. I suspect I'm being a bit thick but I see the resource post for the Goblin and the Edge but I can't find the plans anywhere. Help please.
There should be a download button in the upper right corner of the resource page.

Jonathan Ott

Hey Dan, Thanks for what you do bringing these plans to the masses.

On the downloads for the FT Goblin (and probably most, if not all of the others):

The AIO is "All In One" meaning the full size and tiled versions are there.

The FS is "Full Size" to be printed on a plotter or large format printer (at Staples, Office Max, etc...)

The TA is "Tiled Version A" and appears to print on 8½" x 11" paper in 21 sheets which include a tile layout, templates for the wood parts, and fold types.

The TB is "Tiled Version B and appears to print on "Tabloid" paper (11" x 17") in 13 sheets, and includes the same info as TA.

Is this correct?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey Dan, Thanks for what you do bringing these plans to the masses.

On the downloads for the FT Goblin (and probably most, if not all of the others):

The AIO is "All In One" meaning the full size and tiled versions are there.

The FS is "Full Size" to be printed on a plotter or large format printer (at Staples, Office Max, etc...)

The TA is "Tiled Version A" and appears to print on 8½" x 11" paper in 21 sheets which include a tile layout, templates for the wood parts, and fold types.

The TB is "Tiled Version B and appears to print on "Tabloid" paper (11" x 17") in 13 sheets, and includes the same info as TA.

Is this correct?

Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

bperc

...and by soon, I mean right now. :cool:

Thank you for the Edge plans! I cut mine out, but I don't see any reference marks for cutting the fuselage to install the landing gear. How far back should the landing gear be?
Thanks,
Britt

Chuppster

Thank you for the Edge plans! I cut mine out, but I don't see any reference marks for cutting the fuselage to install the landing gear. How far back should the landing gear be?
Thanks,
Britt

If you look closely there are little green marks on the fuselage skin. Here's a close up screenshot.

1534870038541.png

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I have a request for an addition to be considered for the plans index.

With the increasing number of CNC users, (hopefully I will be one soon), and as the plans are obviously done in a CAD program could consideration be given to the provision of the plans in DXF format or similar as well.

This would allow those trying to come to grips with the CNC software to have one less hurdle to overcome initially. Whilst I currently use the PDFs quite well importing them into some CAD programs is not supported whereas other formats like DXF SVG etc are.

As I currently understand it, it would only require the opening of the original plans in CAD and exporting to DXF.

Have fun!

Celcla

Hola a todos. Alguien sabe si Boris Alp a publicado más planos? Yo he encontrado 3. El hawker, el texan y el corsario. Gracias.

donalson

Sp0nz... I just printed and put together the plans for the super bee... GREAT job... seems you went to great lengths to minimise how many sheets required clipping together, great placement of parts to fit on just one or two sheets :)

I can't wait to put it together and fly it... but I've got a few other builds to get though first :)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Sp0nz... I just printed and put together the plans for the super bee... GREAT job... seems you went to great lengths to minimise how many sheets required clipping together, great placement of parts to fit on just one or two sheets :)

I can't wait to put it together and fly it... but I've got a few other builds to get though first :)

Thanks, I try to carefully arrange all of the plans that way. Some just work out better than others. I appreciate the kind words. Good luck with the builds. But most of all...enjoy the journey.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hola a todos. Alguien sabe si Boris Alp a publicado más planos? Yo he encontrado 3. El hawker, el texan y el corsario. Gracias.

Last I heard, and it was a while ago, @Alp had moved onto, and got addicted to, quads and has not been heard from since.

Celcla

[QUOTE = "donalson, post: 427848, member: 37681"] Sp0nz ... Acabo de imprimir y armar los planos para la súper abeja ... EXCELENTE trabajo ... parece que hizo todo lo posible para minimizar la cantidad de hojas recorte necesario juntos, excelente colocación de las piezas para que quepan en una o dos hojas :)

No puedo esperar para armarlo y volarlo ... pero tengo algunas otras compilaciones para llegar primero :)[/ QUOTE]
Hola Donalson,sería posible me enviaras los planos de la super abeja??
Mi correo es celcla_gas@hotmail.com
gracias por adelantado.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I have a request for an addition to be considered for the plans index.

With the increasing number of CNC users, (hopefully I will be one soon), and as the plans are obviously done in a CAD program could consideration be given to the provision of the plans in DXF format or similar as well.

This would allow those trying to come to grips with the CNC software to have one less hurdle to overcome initially. Whilst I currently use the PDFs quite well importing them into some CAD programs is not supported whereas other formats like DXF SVG etc are.

As I currently understand it, it would only require the opening of the original plans in CAD and exporting to DXF.

Have fun!

@Hai-Lee not an unfair request, and in fact one that has been asked for many times before. Flite Test decided a while ago that they would not be making the CAD files available for download. I've been asked not to post them.

While it is an extra step, It is not that difficult to prep the PDF plans for CAM. There is plenty of information here in the forums on that subject.