SP0NZ - Plans Index

FeWolf

As a Noob to pdf printing, you may want to include how to turn it off?!
your Ugly Wonder page 3, wing has a ton of pink.
Also you ever consider KMF wing?
http://bloodymicks.com/Funbat_plans.pdf
Hey FeWolf. Very good point. That's the kind of feedback I am looking for. One of the reasons that I decided to try adding the color is because my plans are created with the layers available in the PDF. So if there is some formatting that you don't like, or don't want to print, you can turn that layer off. The shading for the parts is the same way. There is a SHADE FB, SHADE PD, and SHADE PW layer for foam board parts, poster board parts, and plywood parts respectively. If you don't like all the cross hatching for the cavities, that layer can be turned off as well.

I know that you'll have to remember to do that before you print, and that's a bit of a drawback. What are your thoughts on that?

Last edited:

Hunter

Hey SPONZ when I am ready to build a plane I always run through your plan index first. I thank you so very much for doing all this. My builds go about 50% quicker less time meticulously aligning one or two lines and getting frustrated. Keep up the good work brother!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey SPONZ when I am ready to build a plane I always run through your plan index first. I thank you so very much for doing all this. My builds go about 50% quicker less time meticulously aligning one or two lines and getting frustrated. Keep up the good work brother!

Hunter, thanks so much for taking the time to reply to this thread with your feedback. It inspires me to keep doing what I'm doing.

Any thought/chance of adding a link to the build logs in the plan index? Yes I'm fully aware the links are in your signature already...just trying to make a one stop Sponz shop :)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any thought/chance of adding a link to the build logs in the plan index? Yes I'm fully aware the links are in your signature already...just trying to make a one stop Sponz shop :)

That is a REALLY good idea. Thanks.

RCman50

family, faith, foam, fun!
I second Hunter, if the plans are not there I usually go to kinkos. $$$$ Thank you so so much Mr sponz, I love your work. You are great inspiration. I've been flying the ugly wonder for sometime now and love it. Covered by blue packing tape and yellow tail and pinstripes. I call it my ugly angel, the tape scheme looks like a blue angel. Just know you are very appreciated. Btw I'm pretty new to the forum and am still learning how to use it. I grew up on a farm in PA and wasn't until I moved close to Philadelphia with my lovely bride that I found this cool thing called TECHNOLOGY! Have a great day sir and thank you again

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Dan, the plans look great. I even saved them in my Flite Test Planes folder. Congratulations on the community release.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan, the plans look great. I even saved them in my Flite Test Planes folder. Congratulations on the community release.

That's pretty awesome Tommy, thanks. Monday it gets real!

Stay safe brother! Hope to fly some Baron combat with you a Flite Fest '16. :cool:

WilberMaker

Dan Thanks for sharing your plans.:applause: I have become spoiled by them and now the FT plans look primitive. The only problem I see with the plans is there is not enough of them.:) You say in the first post to ask if we have any request. Any chance of you adding the FT Cruiser on your list?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan Thanks for sharing your plans.:applause: I have become spoiled by them and now the FT plans look primitive. The only problem I see with the plans is there is not enough of them.:) You say in the first post to ask if we have any request. Any chance of you adding the FT Cruiser on your list?

Thanks for the kind words. I will add the FT cruiser to the list.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FT Cruiser 80% complete.

I have made a lot of progress on the FT Cruiser and it's and I'm hoping to have that done before Wednesday. Once Wednesday gets here, I'll be working non-stop to get the FT Bushwacker done as quickly as possible. I have a feeling a lot of people will be building that one.