SP0NZ - Plans Index

cochise99

you can cross reference the suggested FT components and come up with components that match their specs
  • (1) Motor - Radial 2218/1180kV
  • (1) Flite Test 40A ESC w/XT-60 Connector
  • (4) Servos - Flite Test FT9G 9g servo
  • (1) Y-Lead (12")
  • (4) Extensions (12")
  • (6) Linkage Stoppers
  • (2) HQ Propellers 10 x 4.5ccw

MrMonoWheel

I'm currently building the mini alpha and have all the parts cut out and ready, but u realize there are no instructions or videos on how to assemble this plane. What to do?

bperc

Yes. I will link them here and add them to the Resources section.
I purchased the FT 3D XL plans. I tried converting and then tracing the Simple Scout XL plans to get the gcode to cut out on my needlecutter. I gave up!
Can anyone tell me what the correct size of the black bounding box on the wood plans and the full sheet plans are. When I check the page sizes in my PDF view it shows the wood parts pages are 7.5 in. X 10.5 in. and the full sheet pages are 22 in. X 34 in. I don't what to start tracing everything to find out these page sizes are all wrong.
Thanks for your help figuring out the correct sizes.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
I purchased the FT 3D XL plans. I tried converting and then tracing the Simple Scout XL plans to get the gcode to cut out on my needlecutter. I gave up!
Can anyone tell me what the correct size of the black bounding box on the wood plans and the full sheet plans are. When I check the page sizes in my PDF view it shows the wood parts pages are 7.5 in. X 10.5 in. and the full sheet pages are 22 in. X 34 in. I don't what to start tracing everything to find out these page sizes are all wrong.

I forgot how I did it last time but what I came up with just now, and it will work, print the page with "actual size" checked, and then measure any straight line. Then calibrate to that.

bperc

I forgot how I did it last time but what I came up with just now, and it will work, print the page with "actual size" checked, and then measure any straight line. Then calibrate to that.
Thanks, but I don't have a printer. Hopefully someone from Flitetest will let me know the correct dimensions.

luvmy40

Elite member
Are you using Inkscape to process the plans?
I have yet to have any of the FT plans or Sponz's plans not scale correctly when imported into Inkscape. Just set your document properties to match your cutter area and "import", not open the plan page.

bperc

Are you using Inkscape to process the plans?
I have yet to have any of the FT plans or Sponz's plans not scale correctly when imported into Inkscape. Just set your document properties to match your cutter area and "import", not open the plan page.
Yes, I'm using Inkscape. I will give this a try. Thank you

bperc

Thank you luvmy40. This worked for the full sheet (30 X 20) pages. I had to resize the imported page to 34 X 22 and it scaled perfectly. Thankfully they have an inch scale on the side of each page.
Now I have to figure out how much to scale the wood parts pages. Unfortunately they don't have an inch scale on them.

bperc

I finished cutting out the FT 3D XL on my needlecutter and building it. It flies great! The last picture is with the original FT 3D.

Attachments

• IMG_6696.jpeg
    IMG_6696.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6700.jpeg
    IMG_6700.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6703.jpeg
    IMG_6703.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

MJSantito

Are the plans for the FW-190 available? I need to cut some new parts to try to fix a disaster.....
Also any chance for anything on the BF-109 used in some of the videos???

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
@SP0NZ , on the FT B-25 plans, part 7 Fuselage Bottom looks like it's a bit skewed. Looks like it's off about 5mm on the wide end. I just used the fuse top as a template to get the right dimensions. Could you take a look at part 7 and tell me what you think, please?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
@SP0NZ , on the FT B-25 plans, part 7 Fuselage Bottom looks like it's a bit skewed. Looks like it's off about 5mm on the wide end. I just used the fuse top as a template to get the right dimensions. Could you take a look at part 7 and tell me what you think, please?
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I just compared it to the source laser file (see image below) and it's an exact match. So, unless the cut file has changed since I received a copy of it, that is exactly what is being cut and kitted. I will pass this info on to Flite Test to see what they want to do.

Did you try the piece as per the plan to see if it would fit?

1679496630517.png

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I just compared it to the source laser file (see image below) and it's an exact match. So, unless the cut file has changed since I received a copy of it, that is exactly what is being cut and kitted. I will pass this info on to Flite Test to see what they want to do.

Did you try the piece as per the plan to see if it would fit?

View attachment 236417
I'll have to look at it when i get home.
The image you uploaded is a bit different from my plan. On my copy, the short and long ends are straight up and down at 90° to the bottom of page. It looked skewed, so I traced it and that's how I saw that it was off by 5mm on the wide end. I will recheck when I get home.