SP0NZ - Plans Index

epsilon

Thanks so much for the kind words. The feedback means a lot to me. I'm always grateful that people appreciate what I'm doing. Out of curiosity, which plane did you just build from the old FT plans?

FT Viggen, tech it's still a build in progress...

Sooooo... on another note you got me curious about that Rascal CNC project you mentioned... I just sat down and watched the podcast you guys did on the project this afternoon. The stack of about 100 sheets i just printed out for the Kraken and Sea Duck i think is going to the scrap pile! lol Got to see what work shapes into these next couple weeks (i'm a sub contractor) but if it solidifies count me on board as an early adopter.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan,

Do you to have build plans available for the new Gremlin frame by Alex?

Sorry, I do not. I don't think Flite Test will release them for that frame.

Official response: due to the size of the frame, making it from anything other than carbon fiber is too flimsy.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The FT Mini Sparrow plans have been updated to v1.1. Minor revisions for some line formatting that was incorrect on the v1.0 plans. Also updated the plans to the latest format including B-Size (11 x 17) tiles. Enjoy.

sk8board

Dan,

I am a bit frustrated by their response. I emailed them two weeks ago for measurements (sizes) of each frame since their store does not list this information. I was told it was too much work to measure the frames. (Where else can you buy a frame without knowing the size?)

I was hoping to compare their different frame sizes with your plans, but "due to the size of the frame," I cannot compare???

Sorry for being negative. Typically, I am not negative. I am surprised and frustrated by the difficulty in learning basic information of their products.

Thank you for the great service you provide by volunteering your time to make plans. You rock!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan,

I am a bit frustrated by their response. I emailed them two weeks ago for measurements (sizes) of each frame since their store does not list this information. I was told it was too much work to measure the frames. (Where else can you buy a frame without knowing the size?)

I was hoping to compare their different frame sizes with your plans, but "due to the size of the frame," I cannot compare???

Sorry for being negative. Typically, I am not negative. I am surprised and frustrated by the difficulty in learning basic information of their products.

Thank you for the great service you provide by volunteering your time to make plans. You rock!

sk8board,

I'm pretty new when it comes to quads, but I will help you if I can. There are a few frame plans available in the first post. If you open the PDF files in Adobe Reader, you can use the measure tools measure it. If that doesn't work for you, I can take a look at the CAD files. Are you looking for the diagonal measurement from motor to motor? I think that is how quad frames are measured. :black_eyed:

sk8board

Dan,

Thank you. I will print-off your plans and use a ruler.

Basically, I am looking for two things.

1) will the Babyhawk prop guards fit the Flitetest frames? The Babyhawk guards bolt to the bottom of the motors and are 60mm apart.

2) the frame size is the diagonal distance from motor to motor which is common information provided to consumers.

vavo

Hi Sponz,
thank you for the nice plans, but maybe i found an mistake?
tried to print the simple storch and look what i found:

is something wrong with my printer / monitor/ pdf viewer?

the front and back of the storch is not the same size?

Capture.JPG

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Vavo, the scored area is removed from the front foam piece, so they are the same size. The removed foam leaves the paper on one side of the foam for a clean transition.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hmmm...that does look a little weird. But I have built the Storch from these plans, and not had any issues with the fit. the rear half of the fuselage is attached at a slight angle, which may explain for some of the misalignment of the flat patterns. No one has ever told me of an issue of the parts not working, and the plans are generated directly from the laser files that FT uses to cut the kits. You should be okay. Try it and report back if you would please. :)

look at this:

you can try on your own:
View attachment 98882
View attachment 98883

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Plans for the FT Simple Cub have been updated to v1.1 today. In addition to a few minor corrections to the model plans, I have also added the templates for the vinyl decals from the FT Store, and the float plans! The decals and floats were intentionally placed on the last three (full-size) sheets of the plans. The idea being that you can have one file to use, but still be able to decide what pages you want to print depending on what you want to build. For everyone's convenience, I will also leave the stand-alone Cub Float plans under the accessories section too.

I would love feedback from the community on this concept.

Go build something, and have fun!

Last edited:

dantheman

Any idea when the FT FPV Split Cube STL files will be released? I hope to make several sets in different colors for Christmas.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any idea when the FT FPV Split Cube STL files will be released? I hope to make several sets in different colors for Christmas.

I will try and get those finished and released in the next day or two.