SP0NZ - Plans Index

sk8board

Alex Gremlin Plan

Here is my version of the Alex Gemlin plans. Scale away :)

IMG_20171124_215355287 (1).jpg

Chuppster

Hey Sponz, have you heard anything about the V2 Warbird plans? I've been looking forward to them for months now!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan,

I am a bit frustrated by their response. I emailed them two weeks ago for measurements (sizes) of each frame since their store does not list this information. I was told it was too much work to measure the frames. (Where else can you buy a frame without knowing the size?)

I was hoping to compare their different frame sizes with your plans, but "due to the size of the frame," I cannot compare???

Sorry for being negative. Typically, I am not negative. I am surprised and frustrated by the difficulty in learning basic information of their products.

Thank you for the great service you provide by volunteering your time to make plans. You rock!

Sorry for taking so long, but I think this will help...

FTG-TJ-04.jpg
FTG-JB-06.jpg
FTG-AL-05.jpg

Hell2Go

Any idea when the next FT plane will be introduced, it seems like forever since the simple scout came out... I need a winter project to build...

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Any idea when the next FT plane will be introduced, it seems like forever since the simple scout came out... I need a winter project to build...

I don't know about a new plane, but there are plenty of designs here on the forums from simple warbirds to 100+ MPH planes!

epsilon

Check out the F4-phantom Ben made. It's a twin 70mm edf, all foam board! Even can have retracts! Just search YouTube for foam board f4-phantom first flight...

If you're not used to jets yet, I highly recommend the Viggen. I haven't even got mine flying right yet due to cheap servos (I should have known better) but it was still a blast to fly!

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Thanks for the plug to my F-4, but if that's too intimidating I'd highly recommend my A-4 Skyhawk (link in my signature below). No retracts, only 4 sheets of foam.

epsilon

Anyone having issues with the Seaduck tiled plans printing incorrectly? The Alignment marks aren't lining up for me from page to page... I've checked Sponz's printing tips article for proper settings, even dl Adobe reader instead of what i've been using but no luck.

I know it's hard to see in a pic but attaching for the heck of it... Going to try the kraken next and see if i have the same issue.
2018-01-09 20.27.05.jpg

RMDC

Is there an index of plans by compatible power pack / motor size? I'm trying to decide what to build around the remains of my Simple Cub, which entails going through each design's page individually to check for the recommended power train. I'm not savvy enough in the hobby to figure out for myself what motor, prop, ESC, and battery will be best suited for a build.

Chuppster

Is there an index of plans by compatible power pack / motor size? I'm trying to decide what to build around the remains of my Simple Cub, which entails going through each design's page individually to check for the recommended power train. I'm not savvy enough in the hobby to figure out for myself what motor, prop, ESC, and battery will be best suited for a build.

What motor do you have? Each build has a recommended power pack listed on the front page of the plans.

RMDC

I'm working with the new B-pack motor, the Emax 2213 935kV. I've got an Emax GT 2215 1100kV on order as well. I know I can look at the individual plans to figure out which models recommend which motors; I was just hoping to avoid the tedium of going through one at a time. If there isn't such an index, I might just put one together myself so it's there for others.

Chuppster

Honestly I think you could fly just about any FT design with a B-Pack, but some of the heavier models will have to fly more scale because it doesn't give as much thrust as the 2215.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I'm working with the new B-pack motor, the Emax 2213 935kV. I've got an Emax GT 2215 1100kV on order as well. I know I can look at the individual plans to figure out which models recommend which motors; I was just hoping to avoid the tedium of going through one at a time. If there isn't such an index, I might just put one together myself so it's there for others.

I think you could build all the swappables except for the Mig3, Spear, Sea duck, Bushwacker, Cruiser, Duster, and the FT 3D

ftwingnut

WWI Flying Ace
must be something on my computer, same issue on the kraken. ugh i need a rascal

If you're tired of cutting and taping the tiled plans, I offer full size printed plans shipped to you. You can see all about it on my post in the Merchants Corner here:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?35035-FT-Full-Size-Plan-Printing-Service

but basically, I have a large format printer, and will print the full size plans (ANSI D), roll them into a tube and mail them to you USPS priority 2 day. The printing is $2 per page, and the buyer pays the actual shipping costs.

If you're interested, PM me.

Brian

Hey Dave, any plans for updating the Tiny Trainer plans? For some reason my printer doesn't like the current version, it complains about there being nothing to print or some such.