SP0NZ - Plans Index

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FT Twin Sparrow plans have been revised to v1.1. Plans available in the Resources section. Thanks to FT forum member @radornato for pointing out the needed corrections.
  • Cavities added to spar section of the wing panel
  • Double C-Fold labels added to the spar section of the wing panel
  • Removable nose cut lines added to fuselage

d4mer

Hi there,

Awesome post!!! Thanks a million for keeping this up to date.

Any possibility to get the tiny trainer plans reworked to the new plans format. It is a real pain to get them lined up from the tiles.

Thanks again

Ed

Edit: after digging through the post pages, I found the updated plans!!!! Here is the link again so you don't have to dig'em out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1oVzwqWwGZbeWNCN281S3JaOVE/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

jpot1

Elite member
@SP0NZ - just want to say thank you! The A-10 plans are a work of art. It’s obvious the time you put in to it to minimize the amount of taping for the tiled plans. Much appreciated. :)

One question and it may certainly be me being stupid. In my mind the labels on the right and left wings are flipped. I always think about it from the perspective of being the pilot. Am I just being dense? Either way no biggie and thx!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
@SP0NZ - just want to say thank you! The A-10 plans are a work of art. It’s obvious the time you put in to it to minimize the amount of taping for the tiled plans. Much appreciated. :)

One question and it may certainly be me being stupid. In my mind the labels on the right and left wings are flipped. I always think about it from the perspective of being the pilot. Am I just being dense? Either way no biggie and thx!

Thank you for the feedback. The wing labels are my fault. I just go those backwards. I will fix it in the next rev.

ColdCanuck

Build'em, Crash'em
How goes Sponz?
I have a question about the CG on the FT Simple Cub. On the plans it is shown as being 1.75". Is this correct...........
because a good approximation for CG was always that it was 30% of wing chord. I have input figures into online CG calculators and it seems that the 30% rule is truer than the 1.75".

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
How goes Sponz?
I have a question about the CG on the FT Simple Cub. On the plans it is shown as being 1.75". Is this correct...........
because a good approximation for CG was always that it was 30% of wing chord. I have input figures into online CG calculators and it seems that the 30% rule is truer than the 1.75".

I just verified that the plans match the product spec card. If you think the CG is off, you should send a request to FT support.

1551133807348.png

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor

Mortis

@SP0NZ

Since people are sending in updates, I thought I'd throw this one out for the FT Explorer. I think a cut line on the fuselage (page 3 of AIO) should be a 50% score cut.

ftexplorer_update.png

It seems that as a project the original FT shinden has been shelved - for a while! I did take a look earlier through the forums to see if any chance on the development was still in the air, but no dice. This would likely be the last big chance to see if the beta plans of the Shinden at all could be released to explore what perhaps has limited the design. Thats not to say that I have any input greater than the many great builders before hand who built it and tried their hardest to fine tune it, it just always fascinated me as a aircraft, and it would be nice to get a crack at the build even if it is imperfect.

JTarmstr

Elite member
SP0NZ said he was pushing to have them out by the end of 2018, i'm guessing with all the new releases and reworking old plans that he has been rather busy though. LINK