SP0NZ - Plans Index

cochise99

You are an inspiration to many thousands of modelers. I for one could never find a way to repay your hard work in creating these plans. I love to scratch build but I never tried the foam way until You and Flight Test came along.

Clear skies and gentle breezes.

FloridaPilot

Glad I found this thread. Had been wondering where the Mighty Mini F-22 plans were. Thanks!!!

Noticed the AT-6 plans as well. What size motor, ESC and battery are recommended for this one? Just getting started in electrics after being in glow for 30+ years and learning this stuff.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
If I'm wanting to take any of these plans and print them as tile, how can I scale the plans up without messing up the reference points?
What I do is to use the full scale plans and scale them up when I print from acrobat. For the output I use the acrobat reader to make the tiling divisions.

For cutting out I only score the fold lines and use a balsa cutter, (set to the material thickness), to cut the channels for removal of the fold and use in the folds. This way I do not have issues trying to adjust the channels which are enlarged in the scaling precess.

Works for me!

have fun!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Sponz !
When will we see the newer Viggen plans ? Seems like it dropped off the face of the earth ?
Thanks !
Mark

Apologies everyone. I'm not dead, just incredibly busy outside of the FT family right now. After almost 5 year with my previous employer, I decided it was time for a change (things were getting pretty bad at the old place). I started a new job in the middle of April that adds an extra 2 hours of drive time to my work day. With that, and being busy with other family commitments right now, the hobby has had to take a back seat for a while. So much so, that 6 months into 2019 I have yet to get out to fly even a single pack through any of my planes. Unfortunately, that means I have less time for working on plans too. I'm hoping things will start to settle down soon as I settle into my new job and the family activities start to settle down. Obviously new FT designs/releases will take priority over updating the back catalog. I wish this was my full-time gig, and I could dedicate all my time to this awesome community, but I have a family to support and bills to pay just like most of you.

You guys are the reason that I am here and you continue to inspire me to do what I can to give back. Thank you for your support, grace, patience and understanding.

TooJung2Die

Master member
First, congratulations for starting in your new job. I'm sure we all recognize the importance of priorities. A new job with a long commute can be exhausting. After a while you'll be thinking, "Enough already. I want to play!" Hobbies are important for your emotional well-being too. You'll get back in the groove eventually. Second, thank you very much for all the work you put into making excellent plans. The current catalog of your work is enough to keep anyone busy building airplanes for years.

Question. Who made the Flite Test plans before you came along?

jon

cochise99

Apologies everyone. I'm not dead, just incredibly busy outside of the FT family right now. After almost 5 year with my previous employer, I decided it was time for a change (things were getting pretty bad at the old place). I started a new job in the middle of April that adds an extra 2 hours of drive time to my work day. With that, and being busy with other family commitments right now, the hobby has had to take a back seat for a while. So much so, that 6 months into 2019 I have yet to get out to fly even a single pack through any of my planes. Unfortunately, that means I have less time for working on plans too. I'm hoping things will start to settle down soon as I settle into my new job and the family activities start to settle down. Obviously new FT designs/releases will take priority over updating the back catalog. I wish this was my full-time gig, and I could dedicate all my time to this awesome community, but I have a family to support and bills to pay just like most of you.

You guys are the reason that I am here and you continue to inspire me to do what I can to give back. Thank you for your support, grace, patience and understanding.
I have walked a mile in your shoes and completely understand your situation. You just have to do what has to be done to take care of your family's needs. Everything else will fall in place with time.

CAustin

I hope your new job is rewarding and things settle down quickly. I have been that guy with the commute and commitments, it's not an easy gig. I hope everything settles in for you and you are able to find time for yourself doing what ever brings you joy.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
First, congratulations for starting in your new job. I'm sure we all recognize the importance of priorities. A new job with a long commute can be exhausting. After a while you'll be thinking, "Enough already. I want to play!" Hobbies are important for your emotional well-being too. You'll get back in the groove eventually. Second, thank you very much for all the work you put into making excellent plans. The current catalog of your work is enough to keep anyone busy building airplanes for years.

Question. Who made the Flite Test plans before you came along?

jon

Flite Test did. Pretty sure it was whoever created the design made the free plans too (so mostly Josh, but a little David and Peter too). That said, they were pretty basic and mostly just what was used to cut the kits on the laser. Full size plans were all over the map and some of them you wouldn't be able to take to a print shop to get them printed due to the formatting (look at the original FT Viggen plans for example).

JTarmstr

Elite member
Flite Test did. Pretty sure it was whoever created the design made the free plans too (so mostly Josh, but a little David and Peter too). That said, they were pretty basic and mostly just what was used to cut the kits on the laser. Full size plans were all over the map and some of them you wouldn't be able to take to a print shop to get them printed due to the formatting (look at the original FT Viggen plans for example).

Since you are busy at the moment is there any direction you could point us in getting the laser files if a community member wanted to make temporary plans until you are back to speed? I am not a master at drawing plans, but I would definitely try my hand at it to help out. Hope everything settles down for you.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Since you are busy at the moment is there any direction you could point us in getting the laser files if a community member wanted to make temporary plans until you are back to speed? I am not a master at drawing plans, but I would definitely try my hand at it to help out. Hope everything settles down for you.

I cannot share the laser files, sorry. And to be clear, I will be getting the new releases out in a timely manner. I just won't have much time to work on updating older designs (the FT back catalog) or working on my own designs (currently 3 in process) until things start to settle out.

The FT Mini Commuter free plans should be wrapped up toward the end of this week.

markmark

Sponz ! Yes . Looks like you have your priorities straight . Good luck with the new job. I am sure just the change will be draining on you . Hang on . We can be patient . We can make our projects during the winter . Get out there and fly something !

FTNoob18

I cannot share the laser files, sorry. And to be clear, I will be getting the new releases out in a timely manner. I just won't have much time to work on updating older designs (the FT back catalog) or working on my own designs (currently 3 in process) until things start to settle out.

The FT Mini Commuter free plans should be wrapped up toward the end of this week.
hey SP0NZ... howd you make out for the FT COMMUTER plans?

shadeyB

Legendary member
Ben Harber Plans:
A-4 70 mm EDF
Build Thread​
Plans:​

F-4 Twin 70 mm EDF
Build Thread​
Plans:​
F-5 Twin 50 mm EDF
See anything wrong with any of the plans listed here? Reply to this thread with the details and I will correct it.

Hey SPONZ no links to Ben's plans

David Casto

Hey Sponz can you put the full size f22 plans up i realy liked it it flew great with a 1000kv 2208 i could fly for 15 mins on a 1000mah 3cell and i built me a cnc needle cutter but cant get the full size plans anywhere.