SP0NZ - Plans Index

JJAB99

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Sponz for doing all of these designs and drawings/plans for the community. I am brand new to this hobby and am currently building a couple of planes from these plans. Thank you so much and I shall call my first plane "The Sponz Special" in honour of your hard work and kindness. Many thanks my friend.
Joe

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Sponz for doing all of these designs and drawings/plans for the community. I am brand new to this hobby and am currently building a couple of planes from these plans. Thank you so much and I shall call my first plane "The Sponz Special" in honour of your hard work and kindness. Many thanks my friend.
Joe

@JJAB99 You are most welcome. You guys are the reason that I do what I do.

And thank you so much for the kind words.

jpot1

Elite member
@SP0NZ first thank you so much for everything you do! A question on some of the new master series plans. I see some of the parts situated on the plans that go against the grain with the standard DTFB. For example the p-47 fuse part the overlaps the wings. When transferring would you recommend rotating the parts? I don’t know if the FT foam has the grain issue but the DTFB definitely does. Thx!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
@SP0NZ first thank you so much for everything you do! A question on some of the new master series plans. I see some of the parts situated on the plans that go against the grain with the standard DTFB. For example the p-47 fuse part the overlaps the wings. When transferring would you recommend rotating the parts? I don’t know if the FT foam has the grain issue but the DTFB definitely does. Thx!

The parts are laid out on the plans without any regard for grain direction. They are aligned for optimal spacing and minimal seams across the pieces for the most part. I assume most people do not print a full-size plan and lay that on the foam to cut out the parts. You should arrange the part plans on the foam board for the desired grain direction and to optimize yield.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The parts are laid out on the plans without any regard for grain direction. They are aligned for optimal spacing and minimal seams across the pieces for the most part. I assume most people do not print a full-size plan and lay that on the foam to cut out the parts. You should arrange the part plans on the foam board for the desired grain direction and to optimize yield.
When the kits are laser cut do they cut them to mold with the grain?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
When the kits are laser cut do they cut them to mold with the grain?

Some have been. And there are a few plans that I have done that have a grain direction call out on a few parts.

I'm not sure if that's a consideration with the new foam anymore or not. That would be a question for Bixler.

Wyvez

I've been so happy to start working on the P38. Thank you for posting the plans!!!!

I do have a question about the alignment of the booms. In the P38 build video, crop marks are mentioned to help with the alignment of the booms with the wings. Looking at the plans, I can see the mark (two actually) on the trailing edge of the left and right upper wing panels but none on the leading edge. Any suggestions on where I should place these? In the build video, it mentions it should be 5.5" from the fuselage but the location of the fuselage with respect to the wing panel isn't clear until it's built. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)