Spacebar does not work if using the reply quote/ tags

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
On 2 different computers now:

In any forum conversation, if i hit reply, i cannot use the space bar. If i do a regular reply it works fine. Also, if i do a reply with quotes, and go up and delete all the stuff at the top, it works again. So quoting seems to be broken.

Im on chrome.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor

In any forum conversation, if i hit reply, i cannot use the space bar. If i do a regular reply it works fine. Also, if i do a reply with quotes, and go up and delete all the stuff at the top, it works again. So quoting seems to be broken.

Im on chrome.

I'm on Chrome (windows 10 today) too. My spacebar is working. Did I miss something in your post?

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
yeah its when the quotes are at the top . It does it on my work and home pc. strange. But as soon as i remove the quote/ tag stuff at the top it instantly starts working again.

ViperTech

Im on chrome.

Iwashaveingthatsameissuetheothenightand....ohlookithappenshereatworktoo!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hi the return key, then go back up to where you had been typing, and then the space bar works again.

I have sent IT the link to this thread.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi the return key, then go back up to where you had been typing, and then the space bar works again.

I have sent IT the link to this thread.

I am having the same issue on Win10/Chrome. Fred's workaround seems to work. Thanks for the tip Monkey!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I am having the same issue on Win10/Chrome. Fred's workaround seems to work. Thanks for the tip Monkey!

Odd. I also run Win10 and Chrome and I cannot duplicate the issue. Both Chrome and Win10 are up to date on my machine. I run two Chrome plugins, AdBlock + and Disable HTML5 Autoplay. I run Norton Antivirus.

If IT is looking for someone running this combo who is NOT impacted, I built this box a few weeks ago and am willing to help troubleshoot.