Spain’s Messerschmitt Bf 109 Hybrids

leaded50

Legendary member
Since i have good time again back into the wheelchair for the time, after som damage by a fall, i "suddenly :ROFLMAO: strated building a bit more.........
Mailman is slow at time, so many is standing waiting for a part or two.
And then building the high attiude 109 fighter, the 109 "serie" could be developed more. Germany put in 109´s into the Spanish war, and Germany could never provide enough airframes or engines to get production going. Given by 1945 inline Daimler Benz DB 605A engines were not forthcoming from Germany, the Hispano Aviación needed to find a replacement power source for the airframes they did have available. Spain entered an agreement with Germany to licence-build Messerschmitt Bf-109G-2 fighters, but in lack of motors, they started using a Hispano Suzia engine. For that it wasnt much changes needed for use

Later they made a few prototypes that was in war use in fact.. 1 HA-1110-K1L with a Hispano engine, that was later converted to type HA-1112-M4L two-seat trainer with a Rolls Royce Merlin engine! Two builds is known. And the two seater version got a lot nicer canopy than the normal 109´chicken cage :ROFLMAO::LOL:.

The type HA-1112-M4L two-seater is my build, with approx 1000mm wingspan (closer to 1/9 then 1/10 scale though)

spanish-af-ha-1110-k1l-1112-m4l (2).jpg

leaded50

Legendary member
started..... internals done, some skins in place, and working with the firewall placement.

(no....nothing of "plans" from the high-attitude build, couuld be used)
DSC_1423.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
comed a bit longer.. ;) , its top parts is all skinned, tail is ready, wings are on. Started with the bellyparts.

DSC_0001_BURST20220627133822117.JPG