Specktrum DX6i throttle stick tension

Justin

So my order came in on Wednesday and I received a DX6i transmitter as my first transmitter (excluding the one that came with the RTF version of the Super Cub lp). The throttle stick barely has any tension on it and I was wondering if tightening the ratchet strip would help me with my flying (and first flight of new plane). I received a Parkzone T-28 trojan as a second plane. This is my first four channel transmitter and when I move the rudder the throttle moves a little bit too. I liked how there was tension on the RTF transmitter from the Super Cub. Should I tighten the ratchet strip?

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That is a very personal choice, and since you are asking, it seems like you do not like the feel of the throttle stick as it is. Given that, go ahead and try it with the ratchet installed. See if it helps you and if it does, and you like the feel, keep it.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So my order came in on Wednesday and I received a DX6i transmitter as my first transmitter (excluding the one that came with the RTF version of the Super Cub lp). The throttle stick barely has any tension on it end I was wondering if installing the included ratchet strip would help me with my flying (and first flight). I also received a Parkzone T-28 trojan as a second plane. This is my first four channel transmitter and when I move the rudder the throttle moves a little bit too. I liked how there was tension on the RTF transmitter from the Super Cub. Should I install the ratchet strip?

Yup I like the feel of the ratchet strip. You can also change the tension by tightening or loosening the screw.

Only way to know for sure what you like is to try it all :)