spectrum vs frsky

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @sprzout, it's all what you are used to and familiar with. I fly FlySky, most all my friends are Spectrum. They will bring a Tx to me and ask me to program a mix, I can tell the what to mix, but the how, I'm lost. I find Spectrum menus confusing.

All the brands of hobby Tx's will fly your plane equally well. They are all equally reliable and equally subject to damage and malfunction. Mine just cost less.

Last edited:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I have flown Futaba, Spektrum and now fly predominantly FRsky using a Radiomaster transmitter with Open Tx software. I like the quality and reliability of FRsky receivers but without the ridiculas pricing of the other makes.
That doesn't mean to say don't use Spektrum receivers, I still have some from earlier days. I also use Flysky receivers which are a tad bulky but cheap, reliable and have great range. Finally I also use Radiomaster receivers they are also cheap to buy, reliable and have great range and operate on the same protocol as FRsky.
I find Open Tx is like marmite (yeast extract spread), you either love it or hate it. Personally I like the freedom the Open Tx system provides. I can understand why a lot of people don't like it though, it does challenge you to think about the process of setting up a model and can appear a bit daunting. However, I have noticed the Open Tx community is growing, there is even a chat specifically set up on Facebook for Radiomaster TX16s users ;)(y)