Help! Speed build Spitfire plans

Glenbo

Hi Guy's,
Newbie question for you, I am looking at building the Spitfire from the plans as no-one here in the UK has the kit so my question is what scale do i need to print the full-size plans in?. I'm thinking of getting an online firm to print them for me so i need to tell them what size paper and scale?.
Sorry if this has been asked before but i'm struggling to find the answer.
Thanks!.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
If you can open the plans on Adobe Acrobat, there's a poster setting that allows you to print the plans at 100% on normal 8.5" x 11" sized paper. See my screenshot here. You can cut the extra margins on the paper using the cut marks and tile them together to make the full sized sheets for your foamboard. Many plans already come "pre-tiled" for printing using the smaller normal paper size.

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Scroll down several posts in this thread. The young fellow that designed the plane has detailed instructions on printing out poster board tiled plans on adobe. One thing I ran into is there are different versions of Adobe. My desktop is the same as his instructions, my laptop is different. It can still be done just took some tinkering.
Grifflyer Bell P-39 release | FliteTest Forum

Also. This guys plans are pretty darn good. I built several of his planes and enjoyed them all.

Glenbo

If you can open the plans on Adobe Acrobat, there's a poster setting that allows you to print the plans at 100% on normal 8.5" x 11" sized paper. See my screenshot here. You can cut the extra margins on the paper using the cut marks and tile them together to make the full sized sheets for your foamboard. Many plans already come "pre-tiled" for printing using the smaller normal paper size.

Thanks CrshNBrn, I've managed to do as you suggested and have printed them out. I'm looking forward to building this!.