Spektrum binding to an FT Gremlin

I purchased a Spektrum rx based FT Gremlin at FF TX last fall. The FT guys got me all set up and connected to my DX8G2 tx as well as adding BF to my Mac laptop (I am a KISS FC multi rotor person).

I recently had a mishap due to an incident while connecting a flight battery. I probably fried my fc but before I go into that issue,,,,,I wanted to do as much diagnostic work as possible first. Part of my problem was a defective battery cable from the fc. Once that was replaced I at least hear a little esc noise when I hook up a battery (but no lights on the fc. However,,,,when connected to BF the blue light on the FC comes on and the red light is flashing).

Right now,,,,,I am just trying to do what I know how to do to check what details I can. When I go to the BF receiver tab I see no action from TX toggle movement. Thought that I would try to re-bind the two together. But I do not know the process. (I am only familiar to binding to the Spektrum 4649T RX). If someone could help me with a step by step procedure for binding my radio to the Gremlin,,,,,I would be most appreciative. (((I don't expect this to solve all of my problems,,,,,but I need to learn how to do the bind and cross off this as a possible problem)))

Thanks in advance!

Marty from Texas

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Is your Rx getting power? Chances are if the FC only works when connected to USB, it's 5v regulator is toast, which means the Rx isn't powered either. Not sure if the Femto FC powers the Rx though USB or not, some FC's do, many don't.

Most of the newer Spekrtum serial Rx's use auto bind, which means if you power it up without a bound Rx present and powered on, it goes into bind mode automatically. Then it's just a matter of following the binding instructions that came with your radio. It's really rare for them to become 'unbound' though, I think your problems are related to the FC.

Reactions: FDS
Is your Rx getting power? Chances are if the FC only works when connected to USB, it's 5v regulator is toast, which means the Rx isn't powered either. Not sure if the Femto FC powers the Rx though USB or not, some FC's do, many don't.

Most of the newer Spekrtum serial Rx's use auto bind, which means if you power it up without a bound Rx present and powered on, it goes into bind mode automatically. Then it's just a matter of following the binding instructions that came with your radio. It's really rare for them to become 'unbound' though, I think your problems are related to the FC.

Thanks ElectriSean. I figure it is the FC but thought it was worth getting some opinions. Will order a new Femto from FT and give it a whirl. Thanks again. Will let you know what happens. Hopefully, the FC is the only thing toasted.