Spektrum DX6 DX7 DX9 DX18 Model Setups ? and Rare Birds

Richard Haynes

So, loving my DX6i I bought a DX6. Initial feelings are that it is brilliant BUT I was rather hoping that with the advertised Model Setup system I would be able to install setups for such 'RARE BIRDS' as:

Super Cub S,
Delta Ray
Radian,
Sukhoi 29mm and
Nano QX

Nothing is listed for the DX6, but they tell me the DX9 setups will work. So... the only aircraft of the above that they LIST seems to be the Nano QX. I find this REALLY annoying as the AS3X equipped planes are, imho, the most tricky to set up correctly, with the three flight modes and SAFE.

Unless I am missing something... poor show Spektrum.

Can anyone help with setup files ???

bgfireguy92

You can download all those files from spektrum. I got mine on there then you just transfer with a sd card

bgfireguy92

Guys this is SOOOO EASY! Go to this website:

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPM6700#prod_manuals

Go to this
Untitled.jpg
(which I circled in red blue and yellow) find the setup on there you need and download then put it in your DX6. I have the DX6 and it is easy as pie.

brian79cj

I have seen those and I am specifically looking for the Apprentice and the Delta Ray. I am surprised they don't offer 2 of their most successful planes in their downloads.

Last edited:

Kenbow

I really don't know why you would want to shortcut your setup by downloading presets? You still have to double check the control surfaces And measure the throws, right? I would also bet that most will make changes anyhow, learning how to setup your radio on a new plane is way more valuable than any downloaded preset.

bgfireguy92

I really don't know why you would want to shortcut your setup by downloading presets? You still have to double check the control surfaces And measure the throws, right? I would also bet that most will make changes anyhow, learning how to setup your radio on a new plane is way more valuable than any downloaded preset.
Exactly.

But hey if you really want the delta ray setup to use (as a STARTING point) give me your email and I'll send you a copy of my setup.

Flyjohan23

Can someone send me the settings for the Apprentice and Delta Ray as well. I just bought a DX6, and I am a noob! This is my first programable TX.

Help me please :)

gschoder

Hi folks! Greetings from Germany - I would very much appreciate it, too, if some one could share with me the settings file for the dx6 with delta ray (gschoder@gmail.com). Thanks in advance! Gerhard

Last edited:

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I don't even know how to transfer the setting to an SD card and I was able to program it. All you need to do is assign an 3 pos switch and the panic button. Go to the Sport Cub S manual, the programming is the same for all SAFE models. I use the same programming on my Delta Ray that I use on the Sport Cub S. Heck schoder, there is even a German manual. http://www.horizonhobby.com/sport-cub-s-bnf-with-safe-reg;-technology-hbz4480

This setup puts the PANIC button on the BIND button and the mode selector on the D switch. I did it a little differently because I thought these switches were hard to reach. I put the PANIC button (AUX1 channel) on Switch A and GEAR on Switch B. I reversed both Gear and Aux1 (this is in the Servo Setup menu under the Function List. This puts switch A pos 1 as panic and switch B pos 2 as beginner. I usually toggle into beginner to panic recover. This puts both switches in easy reach.

gschoder

Hi Captn_Beavis - thanks again for the instructions; they put me on the right path! I was overthinking this apparently and used some elevon mixing in the airplane setup - the regular (first) setting was all that was needed. Best, G