Spektrum DX6E, Aura 5, SPM9745 Bind Failure (solved with no root cause)

david.soucie

Hopefully someone has a solution. From what I can tell, all 3 of the pieces of hardware should work together. When I power on the aura, I get the flashing orange on the satellite, every time I try to bind it I get a Bind Failed on the transmitter.

Unless something is super crazy I'm pretty sure the DX6e does DSMX as does the SPM9745.

Any help would be appreciated.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Hopefully someone has a solution. From what I can tell, all 3 of the pieces of hardware should work together. When I power on the aura, I get the flashing orange on the satellite, every time I try to bind it I get a Bind Failed on the transmitter.

Unless something is super crazy I'm pretty sure the DX6e does DSMX as does the SPM9745.

How close are you when you're binding? With spektrum you may have to stand about 5ft away to get a good bind. This may not be the problem but at least it gives you a place to start.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I tried from a variety of distances. I tried 2, 4, 6 across the room. Bind failure every time.
Hmm... I have the dx6e (witch does both dsmx and dsm2) as well and have had bind failures problems with off brand rxes like orange and banggood ones. What rx are you using

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

I'm using the same receiver on my aura 8 and it bound up just fine to my Dx7. However my old Dx6e, which now one of my friends is using, sometimes takes quite a few tries before it actually binds successfully. From what I've heard being close to metal objects can also interfere with your binding. On my aura 8 I had to use a bind plug in one of the channels to put it into bind mode, and I think the aura 5 has a bind button. Are you using the bind feature on the aura to put the satellite into bind mode? Also, does the orange light quit flashing when the transmitter gives the "bind failed" notification?

david.soucie

I'm using the same receiver on my aura 8 and it bound up just fine to my Dx7. However my old Dx6e, which now one of my friends is using, sometimes takes quite a few tries before it actually binds successfully. From what I've heard being close to metal objects can also interfere with your binding. On my aura 8 I had to use a bind plug in one of the channels to put it into bind mode, and I think the aura 5 has a bind button. Are you using the bind feature on the aura to put the satellite into bind mode? Also, does the orange light quit flashing when the transmitter gives the "bind failed" notification?

I has said failed and then the light on the receiver has turned off, it has never said failed and gone to a solid orange. I've tried powering it on with and without holding the bind button. Either way when I do that the aura turns on and cycles through all it's colors and the receiver flashes orange.

I has said failed and then the light on the receiver has turned off, it has never said failed and gone to a solid orange. I've tried powering it on with and without holding the bind button. Either way when I do that the aura turns on and cycles through all it's colors and the receiver flashes orange.
Have you reviewed Andres' video?
I did, six times. The Aura comes with two connector options, a 3-pin and a 4-pin. I have no idea the reasons or tech aspects, I suspect the 4-pin would be for... telemetry? To exchange data between the radio and Rx. Anyway, I followed what Andres did to a point, but didn't do all the programming and stuff he did, I just wanted the darn thing to bind, and it did. Then it was still giving no servo response even though it was happily bound. At that point I was setting up a different stabilizer, and I'll need to get back to the Aura to make it work.

One thing is to make sure your Tx and Rx are both up to date with the latest updates.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...l2-receiver-and-aura-5-lite.66016/post-655579

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The receiver light is turning off which means the two devices are recognizing each other but are unable to connect. At this point if it were me I would try either a different receiver or try the receiver with a different stabilizer. However I’m guessing that you don’t have any extras, so I would spektrum and tell they of your issues and they will most likely send you a free replacement receiver. I’ve had good experiences with their customer service in the past.

david.soucie

The receiver light is turning off which means the two devices are recognizing each other but are unable to connect. At this point if it were me I would try either a different receiver or try the receiver with a different stabilizer. However I’m guessing that you don’t have any extras, so I would spektrum and tell they of your issues and they will most likely send you a free replacement receiver. I’ve had good experiences with their customer service in the past.

I don't know if it was the combination of how I was holding my head along with the phases of Jupiter and Mars, or sheer dumb luck but I spent 45 minutes this morning repeatedly trying to pair it from every possible angle and environment around my house. Eventually it paired so I'm calling victory.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I don't know if it was the combination of how I was holding my head along with the phases of Jupiter and Mars, or sheer dumb luck but I spent 45 minutes this morning repeatedly trying to pair it from every possible angle and environment around my house. Eventually it paired so I'm calling victory.
Glad you got it to work! (y)

randyrls

Randy
What I found with my DX8-G2, Aura 5 Lite, and SPM4647 serial receiver is that you have to press the bind button on the Aura board while connecting the battery. Close isn't good enough. You have to hold down the Aura bind button while you connect the battery. Then I got a good bind. Now moving further out on the bleeding edge!!!