Spektrum DX6E stuck power button and more

Captain Video

Good Afternoon:
I have couple DX6E and one works well. The other has a stuck in power button. We have also experience some LOS issues at our flying field. There had been a couple inexplicable loss of control on newly built Goblin, and an older Great Plane Super Sportster. Once we swapped the questionable xmitter with the other matching unit and the issues don't occur. The "faulty" DX6E could also caused a couple other crashes with similar symptoms. The pilot, was beginning question his ability to fly successfully. I would love to have opinions.
Thanks

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Good Afternoon:
I have couple DX6E and one works well. The other has a stuck in power button. We have also experience some LOS issues at our flying field. There had been a couple inexplicable loss of control on newly built Goblin, and an older Great Plane Super Sportster. Once we swapped the questionable xmitter with the other matching unit and the issues don't occur. The "faulty" DX6E could also caused a couple other crashes with similar symptoms. The pilot, was beginning question his ability to fly successfully. I would love to have opinions.
Thanks
Sadly a rather common story though I will state that the issue is NOT a Spektrum specific issue! Most entry level radio systems are made to a price and the build and design quality is the first thing to go.

I was in the self doubt position many years ago when a supposedly good radio turned out to be just rubbish. I bought a much better suited radio after a little research and since then I have gone on to become a flight instructor locally. The quality and performance of the radio is crucial to the planes and pilots's performance and the longevity of the plane itself.
Currently I am in the market for a replacement radio, (what I would call intermediate level), but every radio system I have evaluated has its shortcomings and some are just plain dangerous!

Contact Spektrum and have the radio repaired or replaced. It happens to all brands so do not fret but it is now something you will remember to suspect whereas beginners are basically taught to trust that the radio will work well always, (very far from the actual facts).

Have fun!

Reactions: FDS