Spektrum DX6e won't power up fully.

Turbojoe

Elite member
I bought a used DX6e a few years ago. I had to send it in to Horizon for the free Li-Po update. It had been working fine for two years and then all of a sudden it won't power up fully. Push and hold that stupid momentary contact power "switch" they used on this thing and it lights up and the screen displays and then all goes dark no matter how long I hold the switch or how many times I try. I even opened it up and pulled the upper PCB and manipulated the "switch" by hand and still had the same problem. One of the boards has to have failed. I still have my DX6 Gen2 along with several other TX's but the DX6e was mainly my bench testing and back up TX and aside from that stupid momentary "switch" I was happy with it.

I know I'm going to have to send it to Horizon again but I wonder if anyone has had the same problem with a DX6e and what it cost for repairs.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
Just a dumb question did you try and reload the software, just a thought.

You can't load, reload or do anything if it won't boot up. I had already tried swapping the SD card and adapter from my DX6 G2 and it had no affect and they have been pretty much clones of each other for months before the problem started. Money is tight and I'm scared to death that repairs are not going to be cheap. :cry:

Joe

Bricks

Master member
i did some searching on your problem the only thing I could come up with is bad contacts for the battery connection. if this is not the problem then i think if it were me i would look for a different transmitter versus spending money on an out of date one. You can keep an eye out here https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-general-radio-equipment-fs-w-215/ . I have purchased all my radios off of here, much cheaper then buying new. you might even be able to update to something newer for less money then fixing your DX6i.

I know it dosen`t help a lot when money is tight it is the best I can come up with.

Turbojoe

Elite member
i did some searching on your problem the only thing I could come up with is bad contacts for the battery connection. if this is not the problem then i think if it were me i would look for a different transmitter versus spending money on an out of date one. You can keep an eye out here https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-general-radio-equipment-fs-w-215/ . I have purchased all my radios off of here, much cheaper then buying new. you might even be able to update to something newer for less money then fixing your DX6i.

I know it dosen`t help a lot when money is tight it is the best I can come up with.

I already tried several different battery packs with the same result. It's a DX6e not a DX6i so It's hardly out of date and I use it mainly for initial bench setup and testing. I have several other TX's but I just can't stand to toss it.

After 17 years I'd had enough of RC Groups and closed my account last year.

Joe

Bricks

Master member
Whoops my mistake on the E sorry. I would still check the pins in the transmitter they could be bent or corroded and not making good contact. Are you using rechargeable batteries, stock battery holder or Life. Do you have a SD card in it? Have you updated software recently?

Spektrum service has been awesome for me I have sent in a couple of DX series radios I purchased used for repair and only cost me was shipping, should give service a call.

Turbojoe

Elite member
Whoops my mistake on the E sorry. I would still check the pins in the transmitter they could be bent or corroded and not making good contact. Are you using rechargeable batteries, stock battery holder or Life. Do you have a SD card in it? Have you updated software recently?

Spektrum service has been awesome for me I have sent in a couple of DX series radios I purchased used for repair and only cost me was shipping, should give service a call.

Battery pins are clean and shiny. I'm using Li-Po and Li-Ion and as I said above the TX was sent in for the Li-Po firmware update a few years back. I tried it with and without SD card and with SD card from the DX6 G2. Problem is definitely in the TX. I sent in about a dozen early Spektrum RX's and the Spektrum conversion module for my Futaba 9C about 4 years ago for basic checkup and updates. They didn't charge me. The way my luck has been lately it'll be a hefty bill on the TX this time to make up for the freebie. LOL. I'll go ahead and create a work request on the website and send it off later this week.

Joe

Mathys

Hello, I have a spektrum DX6 radio. I am doing a drone, my flight controller is 9g 30.5x30.5mm Omnibus F4 Flight Controller AIO OSD 5V BEC Current Sensor For RC. And I don’t understand how to connect my receiver on it. I may not have the great receiver. Please, someone can help me to found the great receiver and tell me how to connect it on my flight contrôler. Thank you.

Last edited: