Spektrum DX7 - Is it DSMX capable or just DSM2

RC Dad

Have an opportunity to purchase a used (but only used once) DX7 but have to get out early this morning so don't have time to research the answer.

Does the DX7 use DSMX or is it just DSM2 capable? I know the new DX7s works both ways, but not sure of the original 7x. The seller said he bought this unit new last year.

Thanks in advance!

RCD

It will be in DSM2 mode. It works with DSMX RX's but it uses a DSM2 signal with them. I think HorizonHobby has an upgrade for the DX7 to make it DSMX.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
It will be in DSM2 mode. It works with DSMX RX's but it uses a DSM2 signal with them. I think HorizonHobby has an upgrade for the DX7 to make it DSMX.

Yeah it should be possible to use it with DSMx Rx´s but the important thing is that you first see the DX7 before you buy it.
The DX7 I think is not produced any more, but not sure about it.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Transmitters before 2011 was only DSM2.
DX6i was delivered with new DSMX compatible firmware after that and the DX7 was upgradable to DSMX. There is no information that the latest DX7 should be DSMX from the factory.
I am very pleased with my DX7 and would buy a used one for the right price.

RC Dad

Thanks everyone. Good to know I can upgrade it if necessary. Any recommendations on appropriate price. He is asking $220 for the transmitter, receiver, extra battery and four (I think) servos). I looked briefly on Ebay and I am thinking $150 is more appropriate, but just not sure how to value this. What's the most you would go on a package like this? (Hope it's ok to ask as this is used unit). Meeting him in an hour or so...

RC Dad

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. Will update you on status on this in the near future. Forgot, there are certain people that also read this thread and am trying to not give anything away...