Spektrum dxe and ft mini arrow.

iBR4NDON

Hello. I have been looking and looking for a answer. Can you not mix ailerons on the dxe tx to work with a flying wing such as a ft mini arrow? I have it working to turn. But can’t get it to go up and down. Very frustrating. I did get the cable to hook up to my iPad. But There are barely any settings.

Thank you so much in advance.

-Brandon. 🛩

Attachments

• BA526A40-943F-41E0-B713-5987FAC46D77.jpeg
    BA526A40-943F-41E0-B713-5987FAC46D77.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Hello. I have been looking and looking for a answer. Can you not mix ailerons on the dxe tx to work with a flying wing such as a ft mini arrow? I have it working to turn. But can’t get it to go up and down. Very frustrating. I did get the cable to hook up to my iPad. But There are barely any settings.

Thank you so much in advance.

-Brandon. 🛩

According to the Spektrum site elevon mixing is possible with the DXe. In the setting under aircraft type you can select normal or elevon.

1529070148893.png

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Can you not mix ailerons on the dxe tx to work with a flying wing such as a ft mini arrow?

A quick look at the website indicates that the radio is capable of elevon mixing (mixing your elevator and ailerons = elevons). Looks like you set this up in "Aircraft Type" in the software.

DamoRC

EDIT: @lrussi750 - beat me to it!

Namactual

Elite member
You should have "Elevon A" and "Elevon B" under the "airplane type" section.

A or B is determined by which way your elevators need to go. Try A first and if your elevator channel is backwards, use B.

Be sure to take your iPad with you to the airfield, you will need it to change the airplane type for multiple aircraft if you go from your Elevon wing to a 4 channel Airplane or the like.

iBR4NDON

Thank you for the quick responses. Unfortunately those were the ones I tried already. Something just isn’t working right. I have to two servos into a y connections going into the receiver. Is there something I am possibly missing?

Thank you so much in advance

iBR4NDON

Thank you all so much!! I was bummed that I couldn’t go fly. I’m at work now can’t wait to rush home to get this in the air!!!

kdobson83

Lol I know the feeling. I rebuilt my arrow with a 3d printed pod and winglets. Can't fly till tomorrow but I absolutely can not wait.

kdobson83

I am flying this thing if I can get it to work wind or no wind lol. Excited to fly a faster plane.

Well, get ready for the fun. I love the arrow. It's probably favorite plane so far. 3d printed parts for the arrow is what made me get a 3d printer... Lol

iBR4NDON

Well, get ready for the fun. I love the arrow. It's probably favorite plane so far. 3d printed parts for the arrow is what made me get a 3d printer... Lol

Yeah 3D printing it what I eventually want to get to. Absolutely amazing technology. I love the look of the fully printed scale warbirds.

iBR4NDON

Got a short flight in pretty winding conditions. Flew great. Thank you all so much for helping me figure out the issue. Really appreciate it. When I get frustrated I always take a break and get back to it the next day. I’m so pumped!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
yup. the 3D printed center pods for the arrow are awesome. makes the build sooooo easy. i have built ....6 maybe 7 arrows so far for myself and others. i have 2 more cut out, printed, and just waiting to be built.

next will have a 2306-2600kv Emax, a 30A esc, 4S running a 5x4x3 prop. should be lot's of fun.

keep building.

me :cool: