Spektrum F400 board set up help

Captain Video

Good Afternoon Folks:
First, I am a fixed wing guy. Don't hold that against me. I am rebuilding a 210mm quad with new motors, escs, etc. Last flight controller was a f3 board which failed when it came to a sudden stop when a tree did not get out of the way. Currently, My laptop does not recognize the F400 board even though I have raceflight installed. The board lights will blink briefly after it is connected to the laptop. If you have any thoughts I would love to hear them.
Thanks,
Captain Video

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
What computer are you using, what operating system as well.

Sounds like missing or not happy drivers so far.

Captain Video

Thanks PsyBorg for responding:
I am using a dell Core 2 with windows 10. The driver issue has plagued me across a couple FC boards. If you have any insights about how to obtain and install these drivers, please share. You suggestion was mine as well but perhaps you have an angle I have not tilted upon.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Search Impulserc driver fixer tool.
Many people specially on win10 use that as every update it does win 10 dumps non micro:poop: drivers and forves one of their own in its place.

Go thru and uninstall any current drivers you have or tried then do a cold start of your computer to purge any of win 10s driver management from keeping them in the library.

Then plug your quad in and run the tool.

Captain Video

Search Impulserc driver fixer tool.
Many people specially on win10 use that as every update it does win 10 dumps non micro:poop: drivers and forves one of their own in its place.

Go thru and uninstall any current drivers you have or tried then do a cold start of your computer to purge any of win 10s driver management from keeping them in the library.

Then plug your quad in and run the tool.

Captain Video

Good Afternoon FT,
I have been able to connect the F400 board to the laptop. I am using RaceFlight One which is recommended for this board. I am using a Spektrum SPM4649T receiver with it. I can bind the DX6E but there is no reaction to the xmitter in the software. I suspect I am using the wrong serial port (5). The motors beep when powered and can be spun up in the software too but no reaction to the DX6e. Any thoughts?