Help! Spektrum Receiver

Thuja

Thanks all for your feedback and recommendations. I went to the local hobby shop and found a new AR410 there and tried it. It worked fine right out of the box. My current one must be faulty. Everything is working now. Looking forward to finishing the plane and testing it out.

mountaindewdude76

Based on the picture, above, you won't get any beeps because there is no motor connected. The beeps will come from the motor.

On the AR410, there are 5 places that you could connect servo connectors. From the left, nothing will be connected to the first set of pins. Your esc should be in the second set of pins....that will be channel 1. The third set of pins will be your aileron servo. The fourth set of pins will be your elevator servo. The fifth set of pins will be your rudder servo.

All ground wires (black or brown) will be on the bottom row of pins.

Also, on some Spektrum receivers, you may need to lower your throttle trim all the way down to the bottom of it's range. Simply turn on your transmitter and press down on the throttle trim switch until it has bottomed out.

On top of all that, many times I have found that I need to hold the transmitter about 4-6 feet away from the receiver during the bind procedure.

I sure hope some of this helps! Good luck!

PS...then you get the bind procedure completed, be sure to calibrate your esc's throttle range.

Dnedzel

Ok! First have you charged the battery?

Also I could be wrong but I would think that you should have the ESC plugged into channel one rather than the battery port. The battery port is used when using a separate battery pack for the Rx and not the BEC through the ESC. Also when using gas models when the throttle is operating a servo rather than an ESC. Just not 100% certain the throttle channel on the Spektrum is ch!, (about 90% sure only).

Do NOT ever plug a LiPo battery into the Rx Battery port without using a BEC or ESC. LiPos are too high in voltage and will damage the Rx.

Have fun!
I was having an issue using a Spectrum AR620 with Flitetest PowerPack C ESC also - in my case I could bind when esc was connected to Battery port on AR620, but motor wouldn’t respond to throttle. When I connected ESC connector to port 1/data, then motor responds to throttle. That confirms that you need the ESC connected to 1/Data port on AR620. I hope this is useful info to someone out there!