Help! Spektrum s120 Charger Shows Solid White LED When Battery Is Plugged In.

Jerryrigger123

I was trying to charge my 2200mAh lipo off of my spektrum s120 charger and it shows a solid white LED. The battery hasn’t been charged in a while (2 months) and should work ok. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 5FF1ECB8-5D43-44B5-80B0-B39361D96DFA.jpeg
    5FF1ECB8-5D43-44B5-80B0-B39361D96DFA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I was trying to charge my 2200mAh lipo off of my spektrum s120 charger and it shows a solid white LED. The battery hasn’t been charged in a while (2 months) and should work ok. Any suggestions?
A broken wire, or bad connection could cause that, but the battery appears to be somewhat new, and not damaged.

It's possible that the last time you used the battery, you left it discharged, and not at a storage charge (~60%). It probably discharged more since last used, and it might be too low for the S120 to see/recharge. If you have access to an adjustable charger, you can try charging on a low nimh setting for a short time, to get it to a voltage the S120 can see. I have successfully done this multiple times, but only on relatively new batteries. I don't take chances with much older batteries. I DO NOT advise you to do this if you don't understand the risks involved. Ask for help from someone you know that has experience with this.

Jerryrigger123

A broken wire, or bad connection could cause that, but the battery appears to be somewhat new, and not damaged.

It's possible that the last time you used the battery, you left it discharged, and not at a storage charge (~60%). It probably discharged more since last used, and it might be too low for the S120 to see/recharge. If you have access to an adjustable charger, you can try charging on a low nimh setting for a short time, to get it to a voltage the S120 can see. I have successfully done this multiple times, but only on relatively new batteries. I don't take chances with much older batteries. I DO NOT advise you to do this if you don't understand the risks involved. Ask for help from someone you know that has experience with this.
I won’t take a chance doing that because i’m new to the hobby and relatively inexperienced with lipos. Thanks for the help though!