'SPIT' roasted FB

DazDaMan

Elite member
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever made an FT Spit from Depron? If so, what was the build like?

I have some Depron lurking around, and I'm tempted to do the Spitfire at some point.

Wildthing

Legendary member
How do you make the hinges when using depron?
Cut the foam the same way you would fb (wing edge 90 degree cut and control surface edge 45 degree cut) and I use a full long strip of blenderm tape on the top side and short strips spaced and inch or two apart on the bottom side. Before that I also will do a small bead of UHU Por (Beacons Foam Tac) along the edge of the hinge line and let that get really tacky and then put the two pieces together, you should have a working control surface without the tape but do use tape and you can use really any tape that adheres good to foam.

Last edited:

DazDaMan

Elite member
So, I finally got to breathe life into the Spitfire last night. Unfortunately, I need to sort an issue with the receiver but, apart from that, it's just about ready to go....!

Attachments

• FT Spit build34.jpg
    FT Spit build34.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0

The Fopster

Master member
It's a 1000KV brushless job, with a 2200 battery. And that was full throttle!

I'm going to fit a bigger motor ASAP.
Before you give up on the motor, might be worth trying a prop with more pitch? Cheaper than changing the motor and might do the trick if you can find something suitable. Increasing pitch will have a similar effect to increasing motor kv. Good luck!