'SPIT' roasted FB

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
How ft said to do the wing made mine flat on the top and rounded on the bottom. I messed my fuesalage up to.
Almost sounds like you put the wing on upside down or built it upside down or... , trying to wrap my brain around that. Too bad you crashed, you know the motto - build fly crash repeat

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
How they say to glue it is lay the top of the wing on the table and hold on the bottom, it’s easier that way but it just shaped my wing completely wrong… and the fuesalage could have been marked better, my fault still tho, I kinda got it how it was suppose to be but the fuesalage was still quite crooked.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
How they say to glue it is lay the top of the wing on the table and hold on the bottom, it’s easier that way but it just shaped my wing completely wrong… and the fuesalage could have been marked better, my fault still tho, I kinda got it how it was suppose to be but the fuesalage was still quite crooked.
Been a year since I built that one, going to have a look at the build video to see what you mean

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
i have found that making the wing while it is upside down does tend to make the base more curved.... or if you don't bevel the wing properly that can happen...
i personally find that folding it while it is in it's position that it will fly in, is far easier

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
No kidding, it was absolutely perfectly flat on the top, it was a learning experience.
So I reviewed the video, the wing is only flipped over for the first wing fold. Also they snapped the crease lines and did a test fold with the wing right side up before flipping it over thus establishing a proper wing shape, now where I think things went wrong for you was when you flipped the wing over and did the fold that you didn't make sure that the top surface(bottom of the wing) was flat and parallel with the top of you work surface. I think if you review the video again you will see what I'm talking about. Hopefully you'll give it another go and it will work out better for you because this is such a nice plane if you get it right. Best of luck in your future builds and flights!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
So I reviewed the video, the wing is only flipped over for the first wing fold. Also they snapped the crease lines and did a test fold with the wing right side up before flipping it over thus establishing a proper wing shape, now where I think things went wrong for you was when you flipped the wing over and did the fold that you didn't make sure that the top surface(bottom of the wing) was flat and parallel with the top of you work surface. I think if you review the video again you will see what I'm talking about. Hopefully you'll give it another go and it will work out better for you because this is such a nice plane if you get it right. Best of luck in your future builds and flights!
what battery did you use in yours? mine with a 2200mah 3s in the nose is way too nose heavy... and i cant move it back because the wing and power pod are blocking it.

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Oh, and any suggestions where to order carbon fiber rod? I’d like something around the arrow shaft diameter but maybe cheaper if that’s possible…

DazDaMan

Elite member
So, I've decided to attempt a second FT Spitfire build, using the more readily available foamboard from Hobbycraft here in the UK (Westfoam, it's called).

Not much to report thus far, other than I've cut out the flying surfaces from the foamboard and just about to start cutting out the fuselage.