'SPIT' roasted FB

chris398mx

Master member
Got the spit all painted up. This is my 1st attempt at camouflage. Hopefully i won't lose it in the grass. :D

My spinner and APC 10 x 4.7 prop just shipped today so i doubt i will be able to get a chance to maiden this weekend but fingers crossed everything doesn't go south when the time comes. ;)

View attachment 140374 View attachment 140375
That looks awesome, is it just me or do you have a lot of thrust angle on your power pod. it seems like a lot. i fly mine with zero and it seems ok to me.

Matagami Designs

Master member
That looks awesome, is it just me or do you have a lot of thrust angle on your power pod. it seems like a lot. i fly mine with zero and it seems ok to me.

I don't have a precise way to measure but it looks to be close to 5°. I'm not sure it is necessary since i fly the scout at 0° but the plans had some in there. I had to redo the pod so i may have not been too accurate on my tracing.

chris398mx

Master member
I don't have a precise way to measure but it looks to be close to 5°. I'm not sure it is necessary since i fly the scout at 0° but the plans had some in there. I had to redo the pod so i may have not been too accurate on my tracing.
I guess just try it and see what she does. let us know if she flys true or if you have to take some out.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Got the spit all painted up. This is my 1st attempt at camouflage. Hopefully i won't lose it in the grass. :D

My spinner and APC 10 x 4.7 prop just shipped today so i doubt i will be able to get a chance to maiden this weekend but fingers crossed everything doesn't go south when the time comes. ;)

View attachment 140374 View attachment 140375
NICE paint job! Your cockpit is outstanding! The weather didn't cooperate for me yesterday, so it'll be Tuesday before I can try again. You might just beat me to the finish! She's going to look awesome in the air. :D

Jimun

Elite member
Ok, I am here, it looks like everyone has started and some even finished. Well this is where I am.

Spitfire 01.JPG

I should have it popped out and started later today and I will try to work on it some tomorrow. I might do some mods as I go, we'll see.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Okay, enough putting this off, this was sposta be my August build... :rolleyes:
I was all set to tackle this one and really upping the ante on the design...
Then John posted the upcoming Master series...
Gotta be honest, it kind of took the wind out of my sails on this one...

But I have been thinking (going back and forth on a few things.)
I will build her stock, well, "mostly" (I STILL might make the top hatch and battery tray mod.) And just make her the best looking FT Spitfire I can.

I got a start this weekend, but I am leaving here in just a bit for another week on the road, so here's where mine sits for now.
(I did get all the major assemblies done and most of the ironing finished.)
IMG_9415.JPG

chris398mx

Master member
Okay, enough putting this off, this was sposta be my August build... :rolleyes:
I was all set to tackle this one and really upping the ante on the design...
Then John posted the upcoming Master series...
Gotta be honest, it kind of took the wind out of my sails on this one...

But I have been thinking (going back and forth on a few things.)
I will build her stock, well, "mostly" (I STILL might make the top hatch and battery tray mod.) And just make her the best looking FT Spitfire I can.

I got a start this weekend, but I am leaving here in just a bit for another week on the road, so here's where mine sits for now.
(I did get all the major assemblies done and most of the ironing finished.)
View attachment 140661
I agree, John posting his spitfire did the same to me. i will continue and finish mine, but it may take a little longer than i originally planned. PLus, i have to be gone most of this week for work.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I agree, John posting his spitfire did the same to me. i will continue and finish mine, but it may take a little longer than i originally planned. PLus, i have to be gone most of this week for work.
Haha seems like that's the same across the board, Overstreets post on their Spit has everyone looking down at their builds and seeing it could have been so much better if I just waited a couple months lol

This plane in my opinion still flies great and if you have never flown a warbird before this is the one to try. If you crash it is easy to fix as well. Besides you wouldn't want to spend that kind of time and effort on a master series as a newbie to warbirds and crash beyond repair in your maiden. Do it to this one, then group build the Overstreets version. I know I want to build theirs. Actually I want to build and fly so many planes... that's a different thread lol

basslord1124

Master member
Kinda like @kilroy07 , I was gonna try and get the airframe mostly built for August...but been hit with delays. Most recent being my hot glue gun biting the dust. I do have the power pod constructed, and part of the wings built. Until I get a new glue gun, I'm kinda stuck. Hopefully I'll be back in business in a few days. There's a chance I may have to order most of my electronics too.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Still going to move forward with my Spit. Johns postings won't slow me down one bit. Life does that enough for me. lol . Besides who knows which master series plane will be next (P38? P51? Zero? a jet? Spit?) and there seems to be 5 month span between the speed build kits (Feb 26 Corsair - Aug 5 P47). My guess is we have plenty of time till the release of the Master Spit to fly and enjoy these classic RC Spities.