'SPIT' roasted FB

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I got to fly my Spitfire today! Whooottts! Unfortunately, my gopro battery died, mid flight. All you really missed was a pretty crappy landing, though.

The plane came home unscathed, and lives to fly another day.

The new motor/prop combo? Remember I was burning stuff up on my previous flights? Not only does my Spitfire now have the power I felt like it should have had all along, I flew it at above 70% throttle nearly the entire time. I was in the air for almost four minutes. It came down with a slightly warm motor, cool esc and a cool battery at 75% charge. Heck yeah! :D Thank you @kilroy07 for the motor suggestion!

I feel like I'm getting a little more confident with it. I'm still doing really wide circuits, just trying to be smooth, because it's just so responsive. I don't think it will be many more flights before I'm screeching around the corners, though. This plane is just an absolute blast, just to fly! :)
You flew it great, your confidence is building with every flight!

mayan

Legendary member
I got to fly my Spitfire today! Whooottts! Unfortunately, my gopro battery died, mid flight. All you really missed was a pretty crappy landing, though.

The new motor/prop combo? Remember I was burning stuff up on my previous flights? Not only does my Spitfire now have the power I felt like it should have had all along, I flew it at above 70% throttle nearly the entire time. I was in the air for almost four minutes. It came down with a slightly warm motor, cool esc and a cool battery at 75% charge. Heck yeah! :D Thank you @kilroy07 for the motor suggestion!

I feel like I'm getting a little more confident with it. I'm still doing really wide circuits, just trying to be smooth, because it's just so responsive. I don't think it will be many more flights before I'm screeching around the corners, though. This plane is just an absolute blast, just to fly! :)
@buzzbomb you did it. You gave her more power and she flew great! She really is beautiful man. I was feeling excited in your excitement so thank you. I actually wanted to take mine out today but it didn’t work out. Didn’t throw it in the car in the end because my wife didn’t want to go for long and then when I got to the field it was too windy for what I took with me so no hard feeling either way. Again loved the video you really did her good. I am happy that she is keeping you challenged that’s good for your practice :).

Jimun

Elite member

Great job and you are looking good flying. Would like to see a longer video to see what you really can do with her.:D I will try to finish mine this week. I have been working on 3d printed landing gear I found on thingyverse. They are made just for the FT Spitfire. Pictures soon

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Would like to see a longer video to see what you really can do with her.:D
What you saw is pretty much what I can do with her at this point. ;) I'm pleased with my progress, though. She didn't scare me this time. I porpoised here and there, and keeping a level altitude throughout an entire circuit would be beyond me. My landing, while not quite incompetent, was way harder than it should have been. I haven't figured out the proper landing speed, yet. Still, in all ways better than my maiden flight.

Ironically, now that I feel she's got the power that she deserves, she is of course more demanding to fly. Increases the pucker factor a bit, but increases the fun factor by a lot! :)

Jimun

Elite member
What you saw is pretty much what I can do with her at this point. ;) I'm pleased with my progress, though. She didn't scare me this time. I porpoised here and there, and keeping a level altitude throughout an entire circuit would be beyond me. My landing, while not quite incompetent, was way harder than it should have been. I haven't figured out the proper landing speed, yet. Still, in all ways better than my maiden flight.

Ironically, now that I feel she's got the power that she deserves, she is of course more demanding to fly. Increases the pucker factor a bit, but increases the fun factor by a lot! :)
:LOL: You always seem to put a smile on me and that turns to a laugh and a few times you have had me rolling:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildthing

Legendary member

Bump up your expo for the elevator, leave the throw as is that way you will have the same all out agility but it will help calm your thumb down when trying to fly smooth.