'SPIT' roasted FB

Javiester

Elite member
this weekend I have been flying mine although it has some details left and it is surprisingly easy to fly and land it gently
fleet
It's the second one I do, the first one died on the inaugural flight due to lack of power
I will take advantage of the winter to make another super detailed "Caroline Tyler" style
I'll post video tomorrow

bracesport

Legendary member
it is done!

to cut a long story short - I met up with Jono Ashton at his slope site - what a cliff - it was blowing 40-60kph and I thought it was a no go - Jono put one of his ships in the air, a 2kg 1.2m V tail and flew it like there was a light breeze - after that he said lets give it a go - out came the Spitfire and he said it was too light - we added 400g of lead on the wing - after Jono trimmed it he handed me the sticks and here is the video (I actually flew it twice and he landed it both times for me) - KAPOW I can do this!

Spit.JPG
Spit weights.JPG

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
but wait - there's more!

Jono told me the wind would be strong so bring something heavy - why not maiden the Vista (finally) - here is a snippet of proof of flying (my hat cam was set too low so I had 4gigs of nothing) - I will sift through it carefully for some more footage!

the Vista was easier to fly than the Spitfire in the high wind!

Vista.JPG

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
it is done!

to cut a long story short - I met up with Jono Ashton at his slope site - what a cliff - it was blowing 40-60kph and I thought it was a no go - Jono put one of his ships in the air, a 2kg 1.2m V tail and flew it like there was a light breeze - after that he said lets give it a go - out came the Spitfire and he said it was too light - we added 400g of lead on the wing - after Jono trimmed it he handed me the sticks and here is the video (I actually flew it twice and he landed it both time for me) - KAPOW I can do this!

View attachment 146539 View attachment 146540
Looks majestic in the air, superb!!! ...someone seems to have nicked your prop!!! :ROFLMAO:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
it is done!

to cut a long story short - I met up with Jono Ashton at his slope site - what a cliff - it was blowing 40-60kph and I thought it was a no go - Jono put one of his ships in the air, a 2kg 1.2m V tail and flew it like there was a light breeze - after that he said lets give it a go - out came the Spitfire and he said it was too light - we added 400g of lead on the wing - after Jono trimmed it he handed me the sticks and here is the video (I actually flew it twice and he landed it both times for me) - KAPOW I can do this!

but wait - there's more!

Jono told me the wind would be strong so bring something heavy - why not maiden the Vista (finally) - here is a snippet of proof of flying (my hat cam was set too low so I had 4gigs of nothing) - I will sift through it carefully for some more footage!

View attachment 146541
Nice! Slope soaring looks like so much fun! I don’t live very close to the ocean, but if I get a chance, I want to try it sometime. I would be painful for me to add weight to a plane just because! It makes sense though😂

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
it is done!

Bracesport! HooWa! You completely owned it! Not only did you take out the pretty one, you threw it off a cliff without a propeller! You mad dog, you! The music was absolutely fitting. I had actual goose bumps. Spectacular job, sir. I agree with @mayan, you completely outdid the rest of us. That one's going to be hard to top! (y)(y)(y)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
but wait - there's more!

View attachment 146541
You, sir have found your flying style! :D