'SPIT' roasted FB

Jimun

Elite member
it is done!

to cut a long story short - I met up with Jono Ashton at his slope site - what a cliff - it was blowing 40-60kph and I thought it was a no go - Jono put one of his ships in the air, a 2kg 1.2m V tail and flew it like there was a light breeze - after that he said lets give it a go - out came the Spitfire and he said it was too light - we added 400g of lead on the wing - after Jono trimmed it he handed me the sticks and here is the video (I actually flew it twice and he landed it both times for me) - KAPOW I can do this!

View attachment 146539 View attachment 146540
Glad you had fun. It was interesting watching it fly with no prop.o_O Good job. I might have to try slop soaring sometime.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
but wait - there's more!

Jono told me the wind would be strong so bring something heavy - why not maiden the Vista (finally) - here is a snippet of proof of flying (my hat cam was set too low so I had 4gigs of nothing) - I will sift through it carefully for some more footage!

the Vista was easier to fly than the Spitfire in the high wind!

View attachment 146541
Well done man. That was awesome. The Spit sliced through the air like it was nothing, excellent flying to (y)!

Now it's powered flight?!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey guys, you might not know, but a while back (before this thread was started) I built the stock ft spitfire. My tx will be getting here the end of this week, and I’ll throw it in the air and get some video to post here. She’s a fun bird for sure!

Attachments

• E747A9F3-5219-4D90-9586-2EAA60A5A8EF.jpeg
    E747A9F3-5219-4D90-9586-2EAA60A5A8EF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0

PoorManRC

Master member
@buzzbomb - go girl really worked for you - these spitfires have all been flying brilliantly - pressures on me over the next few days if this wind would settle down! 😀

These really fly that well? Nice!! Even though I've got THREE Planes that I can't finish yet... I'm always on the lookout for future projects... 😉
Besides, this is one of the most beautiful Aircraft of all time!