'SPIT' roasted FB

basslord1124

Master member
Here's a link to the post;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/spit-roasted-fb.59444/page-5#post-491958

As I heard it at FF, the Zero is next, then the P-38... then?

They have also upped the scale a tad for the Mustang from what I held at FF
View attachment 139360 (Thought really hard about just making a break with it at this point, but he was holding my phone!) :(
You can see details here;
(you "might" want to subscribe... unless you hate waiting for Awesomeness!!)... And you wonder why I haven't had time to start my Spit!! :LOL:

You know what, I was already subscribed, but forgot to click the Notification bell...so now I'll know when new vids come out. I saw John post a pic the other day on FB of the Spit.

basslord1124

Master member
Just now caught up on this thread...sometimes these things sneak past me and I don't realize it.

Ya know speaking of the Spit...I have this laying around still in the package.

spit sbk.jpg

I don't think it flies real good though like this...anybody ever try to fly a speedbuild kit still in the package? Perhaps I need to join in and build it...whatcha think? ;):D:sneaky: This would be that "old school" David Windestal design.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Just now caught up on this thread...sometimes these things sneak past me and I don't realize it.

Ya know speaking of the Spit...I have this laying around still in the package.

View attachment 139455

I don't think it flies real good though like this...anybody ever try to fly a speedbuild kit still in the package? Perhaps I need to join in and build it...whatcha think? ;):D:sneaky: This would be that "old school" David Windestal design.
Ha that must have been sitting around for awhile, look at the edges of the poster board, has the likeness of an old treasure map bro. Did you inherit this from a departed relative lol

I'm sure you have some chunks of FB to do some cool mods on this one too. Especially in the nose, watch the build vid you will see what I mean. It lacks structure and imagination, like it was an after thought. Whip it together and see what happens. They fly so nice and smooth, you will like it. Do you have any other warbirds in your collection you are flying now, like a Mustang? Everyone likes the Mustang

basslord1124

Master member
Ha that must have been sitting around for awhile, look at the edges of the poster board, has the likeness of an old treasure map bro. Did you inherit this from a departed relative lol

I'm sure you have some chunks of FB to do some cool mods on this one too. Especially in the nose, watch the build vid you will see what I mean. It lacks structure and imagination, like it was an after thought. Whip it together and see what happens. They fly so nice and smooth, you will like it. Do you have any other warbirds in your collection you are flying now, like a Mustang? Everyone likes the Mustang

It does have that treasure map look doesn't it. lol. I've only had the kit since Christmas, so not too long. I kinda think that's what laser cutting can do to posterboard. We've got some other FT kits that have that look too on the posterboard.

One of the big mods I want to do is a removable hatch for easier battery access. I never have liked the idea of taking the power pod in and out. Not sure yet about modding the nose.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Wow! Cool thread! Lots of neat ideas folks are working on. Too late to join?
I was just getting read to shoot a video on skinning a FT Spitfire with these.

FT_Spitfire 1.1 BoB Proof.jpg

Updated with new Image of latest skin

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
Honestly @mayan , I'm probably good til the end of the year! :) I still wanna tackle that wing, Corsair, and now the Spit. Since the Edge is starting to come to a close (well at least the major stuff), I may go ahead and start prepping for these next builds. I suppose I could start really doing multiple projects at once and no doubt some of these may come together quicker than others (thankful that the Spit is a speed build)

Ya know, I kinda preached that I was going to focus on what I got, but here I am picking out more new stuff to do. LOL...darn this hobby and its addictive nature. :eek::D

bracesport

Legendary member
@kilroy07 - I forgot to tell you the canopy .stl has a slight taper (3mm) front to back to accommodate some errors matching my formed tail sections to the 3D printed nose size, so let me know if you need me to upload a parallel one? (I guess not if you drawing up a scale version)! :LOL:

seems the width should be 60mm and my nose ended up 63mm - another think I realise the FB you sent might be thinner than the side panels I used, so you may have to shim it out to flush at the front! let me know if any of this makes sense? o_O

Rasterize

Mentor
It's NEVER too late! Welcome aboard!! (y)
(And here I was worried that Caroline was going to show me up... now I have to worry about you too!) :LOL:

Thank you sir! Don't worry about me. I'm all foam and paper. My 3D printer is out on loan. ;)

Rasterize

Mentor
Honestly sharp skins man, super scale. Is there a link to print these?
Not yet. Need to build one to verify everything lines up ok. The one I posted was of an older version. Some modification have been done. Once I'm happy with that then, then I post it at www.fliteskins.com so folks can order it printed full size with plans. After that, I reformat it for the resources section for download.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Not yet. Need to build one to verify everything lines up ok. The one I posted was of an older version. Some modification have been done. Once I'm happy with that then, then I post it at www.fliteskins.com so folks can order it printed full size with plans. After that, I reformat it for the resources section for download.
Yea I went to the resources section and if I did it right it referred me to www.fliteskins.com which I went to, found out that it's just for sale there not print yourself kinda stuff. I'll try the resource section again, probably didn't look hard enough. Thx Bro

Rasterize

Mentor
Yea I went to the resources section and if I did it right it referred me to www.fliteskins.com which I went to, found out that it's just for sale there not print yourself kinda stuff. I'll try the resource section again, probably didn't look hard enough. Thx Bro

Sorry Bro. It's not there because I have not posted it yet. On either site.