'SPIT' roasted FB

Tr33s

And I found the Travel Air Mystery Ship because of RF9: http://www.modelaviation.com/print/439

1/6 scale plans (60” WS) & laser-cut balsa kits. I think it would be one of those builds of a lifetime that could take a year to do, or more. Gotta pull the the trigger and order the plans. In the meantime I’ll rebuild the nose on my Spitfire so she can have another flight before 2020 sets in. Oh, and happy whatever holiday you folks celebrate and thank you for all the help!

mayan

Legendary member
Don't get me wrong though I think that knowing to use every control surface on a plane is very important! Each one has it's own effect on the plane, and also has different effects in different models and in different airspeeds. Let me give you an example from yesterday when I was flying my Spitfire. Yesterday while flying at some point the rudder broke, it started disconnecting from the hinge giving it some angle to the right side something that made the plane constantly fly pointed to the left, I sort of trimmed it out a bit and managed to survive the last few flights flying that way. Having said all this I highly encourage every pilot to get to know what effects the control surfaces have on the model that is being flown, and in different speeds. This is very important in my perspective as it allows you to really max out your flying experience with the plane being flown, allowing you to take the airframe to it's limits :), happy flying!

Wildthing

Legendary member
I think if you teach yourself to fly with all control surfaces you are better off down the road. I started out with parkjets and all mainly bank and yank, now I have to really concentrate to use the rudder , even better yet I have to make sure I am not giving it any rudder input when I think I am just using the throttle. Catch myself a lot of times holding the stick over to the left and I wonder why the plane isn't flying straight anymore.

Last edited:

Tr33s

Attachments

• B0420FCF-DB88-4902-9C21-A07B1F066B53.jpeg
    B0420FCF-DB88-4902-9C21-A07B1F066B53.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
The full size Scout, like this https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/new-scout-super-sport.58275/
Here’s the current status of the build.
Whoooo! Whoooo! Whooooo! UUURRRTTT! UUUURRRTTTT! Stop your vehicle and pull over NOW!

This the Thread Cop here! What the heck do you think you're doing? Do you even realize how fast you were going? I clocked you at one entire build over the limit for this thread!

So you got yourself a Simple Scout. Pretty. Pretty fancy, too I see. You think that rinkey-dink bird is all that? If it is, then it needs it's own thread, citizen! Just looking at the picture, I will admit, it deserves it's own thread.

Now get outta my County with your Simple Scout whatcha's whatever's and go make it right! ;)

:love::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tr33s

Whoooo! Whoooo! Whooooo! UUURRRTTT! UUUURRRTTTT! Stop your vehicle and pull over NOW!

This the Thread Cop here! What the heck do you think you're doing? Do you even realize how fast you were going? I clocked you at one entire build over the limit for this thread!

So you got yourself a Simple Scout. Pretty. Pretty fancy, too I see. You think that rinkey-dink bird is all that? If it is, then it needs it's own thread, citizen! Just looking at the picture, I will admit, it deserves it's own thread.

Now get outta my County with your Simple Scout whatcha's whatever's and go make it right! ;)

Someday I’ll be a a good Spit pilot! Maybe... 🤣😂😂😂😅😅😅🙃🙃🙃

mayan

Legendary member

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Geez, so not even going there 😆😂🤣😅😇
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: