• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

'SPIT' roasted FB

Maiden succesfull!, second flight already.

I ordered foamboard by Hobbyking, that was packed in a very big plane box. Enough to create this plane and others. Inspired bu Andrew Newton box plane videos.
All up weight with battery is 940 gr, 2200mah 3s, 2012 1000kv. Plane is a little bit slow, also because I needed 60 gr nose weight because the cardboard tail is a little bit heavy. Sorry for the poor video quality.

The Hangar

I ordered foamboard by Hobbyking, that was packed in a very big plane box. Enough to create this plane and others. Inspired bu Andrew Newton box plane videos.
All up weight with battery is 940 gr, 2200mah 3s, 2012 1000kv. Plane is a little bit slow, also because I needed 60 gr nose weight because the cardboard tail is a little bit heavy. Sorry for the poor video quality.
Nice flying! (y)

mayan

Wow mate I am impressed. It seems to fly prefect for cardboard. How does she handle? Can you send me the plans that you used because the fuselage seems to be more tlit X shaped.

Wow mate I am impressed. It seems to fly prefect for cardboard. How does she handle? Can you send me the plans that you used because the fuselage seems to be more tlit X shaped.
First I made a triangular fuslage. The top contour copied from original plan with integrated vertical stabilizer. Horizontal stabilizer attached tot Bottom plate of triangle. Then I created Bottom part of fuseslage with rectangular shape with cutout of wing. Wing has same dimensions as original, but only squared at tip. I added a sketch with dimensions. Is made almost all cuts through channels of Cardboard. The width of channels determines the dimensions of fuse. Hope that this is enough information to make a replicate.

Attachments