'SPIT' roasted FB

bracesport

Legendary member
So a few of us have been kicking around the idea to do a 'group' build of the FT spitfire and see what hilarities ensue! I have been given the honour of thread watchdog and for me this will be my first FT kit build. I have always be mucking around with the FB making a hybrid this or that, but I can honestly say this will be very exciting for me!

@kilroy07 @buzzbomb @CarolineTyler @mayan @sundown57 and @Jimun are in, so all welcome, this is the place - no holds barred!

The spit is my favourite plane - I am bagging this look and feel!

the official build start is Aug01, but some sneaky prep might be OK - See you out there!

:cool:

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.22.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.26.19 PM.png

bracesport

Legendary member
there is quite a conundrum these days with the master series techniques that do a fine job of these warbirds! I'm quite a newbie to the FB world so I plan to stick with the box section, but I am sure someone could take the spit to another level!

just working on a provisional 3D of the FB prints to see what's what! ;)

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 10.10.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 10.11.08 PM.png

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
I have added a bit of detail - all of the softening has been created from removing FB that exists in the flat parts therefor allowing these mods without additional FB - the underside of the tail section has been tapered more to better fit the spitfire profile - needs some exhausts and underwing intakes!

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 11.01.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 10.57.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 10.58.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 10.58.27 AM.png

kilroy07

Legendary member
I have added a bit of detail - all of the softening has been created from removing FB that exists in the flat parts therefor allowing these mods without additional FB - the underside of the tail section has been tapered more to better fit the spitfire profile - needs some exhausts and underwing intakes!

View attachment 136207 View attachment 136208 View attachment 136209 View attachment 136210
I really like where you are headed with this!
Do you have plans to incorporate a hatch for the battery on top?

Captain Jay

Elite member
Can anyone provide me with proper page sized tiled drawing of the spit??? I'm back from holidays part way into August. I can generally slap a plane together in 3 evenings. So mid August, I'll produce a SPIT...
Then again, I could just use "nerdnic's" tiles...
I'm sure you all know nerdnic by now...
https://www.nerdnic.com/
Cheers and good building.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
So a few of us have been kicking around the idea to do a 'group' build of the FT spitfire and see what hilarities ensue! I have been given the honour of thread watchdog and for me this will be my first FT kit build. I have always be mucking around with the FB making a hybrid this or that, but I can honestly say this will be very exciting for me!

@kilroy07 @buzzbomb @CarolineTyler @mayan @sundown57 and @Jimun are in, so all welcome, this is the place - no holds barred!

The spit is my favourite plane - I am bagging this look and feel!

the official build start is Aug01, but some sneaky prep might be OK - See you out there!

:cool:
Yup. I'm in. This beautiful bird has been on my radar since I saw it.