'SPIT' roasted FB

CarolineTyler

Legendary member

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
If you haven't seen it, this article links a 3d print file for an instrument panel.

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/free-3d-printed-details-for-your-rc-airplanes

Also if you like, I'm attaching a pdf of some instrument panels that could be sized for a Spitfire. I figure you've probably already got it covered, but who doesn't like more resources? :)

Attachments

• PilotCockPit_BabyBlender.pdf
    27.9 MB · Views: 0

CarolineTyler

Legendary member

kilroy07

Legendary member
A direct consequence of putting on a cockpit with 'glass' - gotta give you something to look at through it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yea, I gotta say I’d rather have a solid one than see a “glass” cockpit without “someone “ in there “driving “... 😂 kinda creeps me out! 😳

You really have upped the bar for the rest of us.
“Thanks” for that! 🙄😂😂😂

Last edited:

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
My FT Radial and ESC came in the mail and I excitedly started to mount it to powerpod. Did a dry fit and ...what the...???. 🤬 I forgot how big the FT Radial was. It has the spinner sitting a bit over 1/2 inch proud of the nose. What do you think? Bugs the snot out of me. Going "spinnerless" is NOT an option but I don't want my spinner landing 5 min before I do! lol I haven't installed the two skewers into the front of the pod so I'm thinking maybe cut a part of the fuse back and an equal amount of powerpod? Before I start hacking away, 😲 anyone have any other suggestions?

Radial spinner.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
My FT Radial and ESC came in the mail and I excitedly started to mount it to powerpod. Did a dry fit and ...what the...???. 🤬 I forgot how big the FT Radial was. It has the spinner sitting a bit over 1/2 inch proud of the nose. What do you think? Bugs the snot out of me. Going "spinnerless" is NOT an option but I don't want my spinner landing 5 min before I do! lol I haven't installed the two skewers into the front of the pod so I'm thinking maybe cut a part of the fuse back and an equal amount of powerpod? Before I start hacking away, 😲 anyone have any other suggestions?

View attachment 142342
Haha I am laughing now. Your post is hilarious, landing 5 minutes before your plane :ROFLMAO:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

View attachment 142342
I'm a serious purist and everything has to be perfect. Until I encountered this hobby.;) I quickly learned that I just want it to fly! If it looks good also, that's just a bonus.

Don't stress it, man. You could move the powerpod back, or lengthen the nose of the plane. Honestly, I'd say that's a waste of effort. Your skin is beautiful. Nobody is going to notice a 1/2 inch gap between the spinner and the fuse.

Those exhaust stacks are photo-realistic! Man, that must have been one loud-ass ride for the pilot!

Rasterize

Mentor
Got it fixed. I did dumb thing. Luckily I caught it before I started surgery on the nose.... :oops:
That's how it normally (and should) sit. Now on with the rest of the electronics and maybe some proper landing gear.

Radial spinner 2.jpg

Rasterize

Mentor
What did you do? Or what did you miss?

Not really sure honestly. All I know is a tried it several time and it was .5 inches out. I tried it a final time before breaking out the knives and "poof" it fits. All I can figure is I had something hung up in there. Sure gave me the fits for 45 min.

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
Glue gun is back, and things are starting to "take off" again. Aside from joining them, I was able to finish up and cook up my Spit wings. Servos also installed.

spit wings.jpg

I must say, after getting this bit together...I'm not a huge fan of the wing joining process. I almost feel like they should've done the wing joining BEFORE fully gluing the wings down. To where you could still actually see the spars as they come together. But I'm kinda just going with the video process.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Glue gun is back, and things are starting to "take off" again. Aside from joining them, I was able to finish up and cook up my Spit wings. Servos also installed.

View attachment 142390

I must say, after getting this bit together...I'm not a huge fan of the wing joining process. I almost feel like they should've done the wing joining BEFORE fully gluing the wings down. To where you could still actually see the spars as they come together. But I'm kinda just going with the video process.
You wont have any problem with it. As long as you plan it out and your glue is hot and u use lots so it doesnt cool right away you should be good

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Top hatch latching done, tab at front and double magnets at the rear.
Pilot has had his first base coat of gesso which is needed before painting.
Top mirror printed for the canopy.
Bit more top decking done, last bit of foam for the nose is setting off and that will be glued on tomorrow. Next stage on that is to start shaping and sanding.
Mod Podge ordered to coat the foam to allow for a good finish for painting.
Before the next week is out it should be ready for an unpainted maiden without the cockpit / pilot.
Tomorrow the weather is forecast to be great for flying, and Sat/Sunday decent too. So flying is priority for the next three days.

Javiester

Elite member
Top hatch latching done, tab at front and double magnets at the rear.
Pilot has had his first base coat of gesso which is needed before painting.
Top mirror printed for the canopy.
Bit more top decking done, last bit of foam for the nose is setting off and that will be glued on tomorrow. Next stage on that is to start shaping and sanding.
Mod Podge ordered to coat the foam to allow for a good finish for painting.
Before the next week is out it should be ready for an unpainted maiden without the cockpit / pilot.
Tomorrow the weather is forecast to be great for flying, and Sat/Sunday decent too. So flying is priority for the next three days.

what envy you give me
here in Spain there is bad weather
:cry::cry: