'SPIT' roasted FB

mayan

Legendary member
Looking forward to the next round of maiden videos (yes @mayan im talking to you!) 😜
It will come I promise got bigger fish to fry ATM.
B420BE4B-C8A7-4FCE-9904-E8A0C383A63A.jpeg

But in the mean time here is a picture to make you all to wait for the video.
017FEF2B-217A-4F23-9F7B-1D252736715B.jpeg

chris398mx

Master member
Well I am finally ready for the Maiden...... weather does not look good for tomorrow, so I don't know if I will get it in or not. :(

I added a Magnetic battery hatch to go with my Flite Test Radial Power Pack C and 4S battery.

Mag hatch 1.jpg

Does anyone know if magnets interfere with the receiver reception?

Mag Hatch 2.jpg

Here it is with landing gear.... If it survives the maiden, I will paint and add some details.

Ready for Maiden3.jpg

Ready for Maiden2.jpg

Ready for Maiden.jpg

kilroy07

Legendary member
Well I am finally ready for the Maiden...... weather does not look good for tomorrow, so I don't know if I will get it in or not. :(

I added a Magnetic battery hatch to go with my Flite Test Radial Power Pack C and 4S battery.

View attachment 143244
Does anyone know if magnets interfere with the receiver reception?

View attachment 143245

Here it is with landing gear.... If it survives the maiden, I will paint and add some details.

View attachment 143246

View attachment 143247
View attachment 143248
That’s a SOLID build, great job. Now let’s see her fly!

Magnets shouldn’t be an issue, just metal (inc wire bundles), carbon fiber and the like.

Really nice hatch design btw, much better than my hack job!

mayan

Legendary member
A Promise is a promise, sorry it took some time but I really wanted to maiden V1 of the Howard DGA-6 that I am designing for FTFC20 today, which I did :). A while ago I made a decision that every plane I build and maiden I take a picture of it at the field before it's maiden, here is that picture :).

IMG_3803.JPG

The plane flew great right off the bat after the decoration job it got, so that was good. Flew it high and low doing slow passes by, things went great although the maiden ended with a big crash that seemed much worse than it actually was. At the field it seemed like the crash striped almost all the servos, and bent the motor shaft making the motor not work but after a quick check at home this morning before going to the field it seems like no damage was done at all :). I'll still have to do a better check on it to be sure everything is working fine, maybe I'll get to it tonight, because I also want to try and evaluate the damage done on the crash that the Howard DGA-6 had today :(.

Here is the video of the maiden :).

EDIT: wrong video linked, correct video will be available soon in this post.

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
A Promise is a promise, sorry it took some time but I really wanted to maiden V1 of the Howard DGA-6 that I am designing for FTFC20 today, which I did :). A while ago I made a decision that every plane I build and maiden I take a picture of it at the field before it's maiden, here is that picture :).

View attachment 143269

The plane flew great right off the bat after the decoration job it got, so that was good. Flew it high and low doing slow passes by, things went great although the maiden ended with a big crash that seemed much worse than it actually was. At the field it seemed like the crash striped almost all the servos, and bent the motor shaft making the motor not work but after a quick check at home this morning before going to the field it seems like no damage was done at all :). I'll still have to do a better check on it to be sure everything is working fine, maybe I'll get to it tonight, because I also want to try and evaluate the damage done on the crash that the Howard DGA-6 had today :(.

Here is the video of the maiden :).

I see no Spitfire, was it owned by Wonder Woman ;)