'SPIT' roasted FB

mayan

Legendary member
Well I got some paint on today. Not the best but it will do.

View attachment 145760

Now I need the canopy and finish the electronics.
Amazing job for a first campo paint job and it looks so clean :). I more than just like it, I LOVE IT! Can't wait to see a video of you flying here. Remember to balance her upside down and give her a good launch with some throttle to gain alititude :).

BTW I didn't get to fly my Spitfire yesterday like I planned had all the issues in the world happen more about that later on The second part of my journey thread later today.

The Fopster

Master member
1.jpg

I asked my daughter to try to film my Flat Spitfire this afternoon - she did pretty well, I think. So here is proof that it flies (sort of). I can go out and fly a couple of batteries with it and come back with the plane the same basic shape it was when I left home, and I'm calling that success. Now I need to get some time on the sticks and get back to building my SK Spitfire. With luck my flying skills will be ready for it when I'm done, but it won't be as fancy as the ones in this thread!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
View attachment 146110

I asked my daughter to try to film my Flat Spitfire this afternoon - she did pretty well, I think. So here is proof that it flies (sort of). I can go out and fly a couple of batteries with it and come back with the plane the same basic shape it was when I left home, and I'm calling that success. Now I need to get some time on the sticks and get back to building my SK Spitfire. With luck my flying skills will be ready for it when I'm done, but it won't be as fancy as the ones in this thread!

Nice flight!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
View attachment 146110

Looked it flew pretty darn well, to me! Congratulations! :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I got to fly my Spitfire today! Whooottts! Unfortunately, my gopro battery died, mid flight. All you really missed was a pretty crappy landing, though.

The plane came home unscathed, and lives to fly another day.

The new motor/prop combo? Remember I was burning stuff up on my previous flights? Not only does my Spitfire now have the power I felt like it should have had all along, I flew it at above 70% throttle nearly the entire time. I was in the air for almost four minutes. It came down with a slightly warm motor, cool esc and a cool battery at 75% charge. Heck yeah! :D Thank you @kilroy07 for the motor suggestion!

I feel like I'm getting a little more confident with it. I'm still doing really wide circuits, just trying to be smooth, because it's just so responsive. I don't think it will be many more flights before I'm screeching around the corners, though. This plane is just an absolute blast, just to fly! :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I got to fly my Spitfire today! Whooottts! Unfortunately, my gopro battery died, mid flight. All you really missed was a pretty crappy landing, though.

The new motor/prop combo? Remember I was burning stuff up on my previous flights? Not only does my Spitfire now have the power I felt like it should have had all along, I flew it at above 70% throttle nearly the entire time. I was in the air for almost four minutes. It came down with a slightly warm motor, cool esc and a cool battery at 75% charge. Heck yeah! :D Thank you @kilroy07 for the motor suggestion!

I feel like I'm getting a little more confident with it. I'm still doing really wide circuits, just trying to be smooth, because it's just so responsive. I don't think it will be many more flights before I'm screeching around the corners, though. This plane is just an absolute blast, just to fly! :)
I was just on YouTube when I caught your flight. I will say my friend, congratulations! Not only is it a beautiful plane in the sky but you flew it like you stole it, and you owned that airspace! That is exactly how that plane should fly. Excellent work buddy, you finally got the opportunity to serve that Spit some justice. You could not slap the smile off my face right now. That deserves a beer on me bro.

This plane will give you the opportunity to push some personal boundaries. Take advantage of it.... I really miss mine now :D

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I was just on YouTube when I caught your flight. I will say my friend, congratulations! Not only is it a beautiful plane in the sky but you flew it like you stole it, and you owned that airspace! That is exactly how that plane should fly. Excellent work buddy, you finally got the opportunity to serve that Spit some justice. You could not slap the smile off my face right now. That deserves a beer on me bro.

This plane will give you the opportunity to push some personal boundaries. Take advantage of it.... I really miss mine now :D
Thanks, man. I really felt like I owned the sky with that one. It's one thing to prop hang a bipe and make it dance. It's another thing entirely to scream a Spitfire over your head on a low pass. I feel like I've got it dialed in, now. It only gets better from here! :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Great flying @buzzbomb ! That thing has some speed to it and you’re handling it great! Some nice fast low passes. Keep up the good work👍 When my tx gets back I’ll definitely be flying my spitfire and I’ll try to post some video.

Wildthing

Legendary member

Just simply awesome :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Great flying @buzzbomb ! That thing has some speed to it and you’re handling it great! Some nice fast low passes. Keep up the good work👍 When my tx gets back I’ll definitely be flying my spitfire and I’ll try to post some video.
Actually if I can rig up my GoPro on my had I’ll be able to go all out with my flying in the “it don’t matter if you crash - just fly as hard as you can” mode! Things get fun, but I’ll guarantee you the fun is doubled when you flip the airplane inverted😉