Spitfire build

Zamzara

My second FT Spitfire, as with my other models I now use 3 mm foam for the wings and tail and 5 mm for the fuselage and power pod, this gives excellent strength and cg with the heavier European foamboard.

I've given up trying to spray paint so I now mix a little white in with colours to give a more even tone. I personally like the asthetic of a little brushwork being visible as well. Painted in the Australia Pacific thatre colours: inner red removed to avoid confusion with the rising sun. #AnzacDay

Next job is to try and make NumaVig's foam prop spinner when I have access to a lathe.

Attachments

• IMG_8598.JPG
    IMG_8598.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8600.JPG
    IMG_8600.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8603.JPG
    IMG_8603.JPG
    10.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8605.JPG
    IMG_8605.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 0

Phin G

Elite member
My second FT Spitfire, as with my other models I now use 3 mm foam for the wings and tail and 5 mm for the fuselage and power pod, this gives excellent strength and cg with the heavier European foamboard.

I've given up trying to spray paint so I now mix a little white in with colours to give a more even tone. I personally like the asthetic of a little brushwork being visible as well. Painted in the Australia Pacific thatre colours: inner red removed to avoid confusion with the rising sun. #AnzacDay

Next job is to try and make NumaVig's foam prop spinner when I have access to a lathe.
Cool for a small plane like this a lathe would be to powerful, I would suggest putting it through a bbq stick and attaching it to the drill chuck and full power and use lathe tools like that. It works for me everytime.