Spitfire Help

hiato3790

So I have just recently built a spitfire from the speed build kit, went to go give it the maiden flight and of course something goes wrong, the motor (SUPPO 2208/14 1450KV BRUSHLESS MOTOR) will start up and go up to about 2/3 throttle, once it goes any higher it will suddenly stop and create this high pitched sound. Now I have tested to see when this happens and for some reason it literally only happens when the power pod is in the plane. Outside of the plane it goes up to full throttle and everything is fine, once it is in the plane is when it has the issue. Now I thought maybe for some reason the prop was hitting the nose but there is more than enough space between the two so I am at a complete loss. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have an idea as to what this might be?

BENJAS

Hello! could be that your prop is too big or new account set up Speed ​​Control, these failures have occurred and I've corrected that, and welcome

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
largest prop for the 2208/14 should be 8" now you say only when in the plane but is it sitting still or is it while flying? As in are you holding the plane and it is doing this?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I have used a 9x6 with my 2208/14 and it came down HOT. 8x6 is the most you'll want, but 8x4 is best.

What ESC do you have?
What happens after the noise, does the throttle work if you back down?
What do you do to temporarily fix the issue?

hiato3790

I am using the recommended 8x4 prop. This tends to happen whenever the power pod is in the plane, if we are going to fly it or holding it to test it. The ESC I am using is this one: http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dye-1002-25a-esc.html and I am not sure how to even temporarily fix this as it only gets up to 2/3 power and then anything higher will cause it to stall and make the sound. We can back the throttle down and the noise will stop but then when we go to raise it again it stalls once again. The battery I am using is: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=21118 which is not the recommended battery so I feel as though that may be the issue (I bought this one because the recommended one was out of stock in america at the time.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
That motor is not rated for 4S and a 8x4 on 4S will definitely exceed the motors limits. Try a 3S and also check the timing on your ESC, make sure it's set to low. There should be instructions online how to configure your ESC using your tx.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
this is only a 2s and 3s motor and you are using a 4s and that may very well be the problem. Don't use that battery with this motor. If you can't get the recommended amp then get one that is closest to it. more amp is larger size and weight but will work on the motor just may have to be moved around to get the cg right.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Why will it go with the pod outside the plane with the same battery?
I have run several motors with more voltage than recommended without problems but NEVER use the same prop size.
I would have gone for a 6*6 APC prop to the 4 cell and expected a racer.

hiato3790

That's the thing though is that it runs when it is out of the plane. We have tested it several times, it goes up to full speed and there is no problem but then we put it in the plane and it gives out. I was hoping somebody might have had a similar situation and would know what the problem is