SpiTTT (The TIny Trainer with a Spitfire Warbird Twist)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
When are we going to see you flying?!
Not soon enough. :p I'm going back to my TT build tonight to begin finishing it. SC winter weather is wet and windy. We do have nice days, though. Once the TT is complete, it'll be just waiting for a nice day and my work schedule to get together. All I can say is hopefully, soon. :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Don’t say anything... Build the modification and then say whatever you think about it :)
Oooh. That's the glove thrown down, d8veh! What? No, wait! I don't even have a flyable plane yet, and frankly that mod is way beyond my skills. Back-off, man! :p

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Oooh. That's the glove thrown down, d8veh! What? No, wait! I don't even have a flyable plane yet, and frankly that mod is way beyond my skills. Back-off, man! :p
Seriously the only hard bit is the cutting of the dihedral braces the rest is as easy as any standard FT build including the original TT itself.

Anyway if no one tries it then he has no need to do the mustang, the FW190, or any other version!

Have fun!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks buddy happy Xmas...
Mayan, you are one of my friends on this forum. I like and respect you. "Xmas" is a faux pas for Christians. We say the "X" takes Christ out of Christmas. Which for us is the whole reason for the holiday. It's not the commerce. It's the celebration of the birth of the Christian Savior.

I know you meant no ill will, and because you're my friend, I wanted to clear that up because I thought you'd want to know.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
OK. Read, viewed and understood. An absolutely awesome contribution to our community. It blows my mind that you went from trying to fly a foamboard plane, to flying and then designing and flying the design, in such a short time. Very, very impressive, my friend.

Not only that, from your vids? The plane flies amazingly well. The Bix designed that plane himself. I seriously doubt he thought about making it into your SpiTTT. That's an amazing bit of ingenuity. You've taken the TT and made it perform like a warbird. Wow. I'm going to get to where I can build that. I WANT to build that. Thank you.

Gazoo

Finished the paint job on the SPiTTT... Will post tips about the 2nd build process when I finish building so you can all have an easier time building this...
qjWW-s6lmuKjmyvHhw8J33gjwWXEhkW4Hwr-sUu8o0hopVB6Wt1WMlblk2htkkFo2pN8gYBaOWO_NKQsaV7l66SUt_H2w8U6gSBcfueu2gOvaK4JAchb0yyeqZ6MSptoq3S0DHOk
This is great! The components look awesome. Can't wait to see it assembled.

You have skill!

mayan

Legendary member
Unfortunately, I'm recovering from spine surgery, so no building or flying for a while.
Ohh no. How did it go?! I am guessing if your ok to type time will make everything fine again. Fast recovery...

mayan

Legendary member
Not soon enough. :p I'm going back to my TT build tonight to begin finishing it. SC winter weather is wet and windy. We do have nice days, though. Once the TT is complete, it'll be just waiting for a nice day and my work schedule to get together. All I can say is hopefully, soon. :)
You could connect pontoons to your TT and take off from a snowy field ;)...

mayan

Legendary member
Mayan, you are one of my friends on this forum. I like and respect you. "Xmas" is a faux pas for Christians. We say the "X" takes Christ out of Christmas. Which for us is the whole reason for the holiday. It's not the commerce. It's the celebration of the birth of the Christian Savior.

I know you meant no ill will, and because you're my friend, I wanted to clear that up because I thought you'd want to know.
Lesson learned. Thanks for the information my friend. In that case let me correct myself. Happy Christmas and a happy new year too.

mayan

Legendary member
This is great! The components look awesome. Can't wait to see it assembled.

You have skill!
I think it’s practice more than skill. Or skill comes with practice?! Either Or it’s from scratch building a lot. So that’s one recommendation right there.

Build, fly, crash repeat... Do this and you’ll be able to build anything and fly anything; hopefully at some point the crash will take less part in the process and then you have issues with where to store your flitte of planes.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
You could connect pontoons to your TT and take off from a snowy field ;)...
Snow is rare here. Rain? We never get it in the summer, when the farmers need it. But it rains all winter long. I'll get it in the air. Have confidence.

mayan

Legendary member
Seriously the only hard bit is the cutting of the dihedral braces the rest is as easy as any standard FT build including the original TT itself.
I think it’s only a bit hard if you don’t have the right tools and work environment. I find it just as hard to cut the firewalls and control horns.

Anyway if no one tries it then he has no need to do the mustang, the FW190, or any other version!
@Hai-Lee don't worry I will do those too if you keep helping me out :) We'll call them the MusTTang and TT190... That will be my way of stepping up to different models on a learning curve, without buying new electronics. Untill I will eventually build new FT models...

mayan

Legendary member
OK. Read, viewed and understood. An absolutely awesome contribution to our community. It blows my mind that you went from trying to fly a foamboard plane, to flying and then designing and flying the design, in such a short time. Very, very impressive, my friend.

Not only that, from your vids? The plane flies amazingly well. The Bix designed that plane himself. I seriously doubt he thought about making it into your SpiTTT. That's an amazing bit of ingenuity. You've taken the TT and made it perform like a warbird. Wow. I'm going to get to where I can build that. I WANT to build that. Thank you.

First thanks for reading the whole thing, I did put a lot of time into writting the article considering English is not my first language. I didn't know it was Bixler's design but I love the original TT and the way you could modify it on a learning curve. So being able to modify it to also get different flying expriences, is the best way for me to keep learning with something that I feel conformtable flying already, helps remove the in-security of trying something completely new.