SpiTTT (The TIny Trainer with a Spitfire Warbird Twist)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Wow. I'm just trying to keep up. This has to be the most active thread on the forum. Did Hai-Lee say FW190?!! And did mayan say TT190? mayan, you are onto something. I just wish it was more noob friendly. You are taking the TT fuse to whole new levels. You've got to figure out how to do it without plywood. Foamboard only. Do that, and the rest of us can build it.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
helps remove the in-security of trying something completely new.
You can't be serious. You've CREATED something new and flown it. Successfully, I might add. I am honestly at a loss for words. That's only happened one other time on this forum.

At this point in your experience? mayan, you can build and crash whatever you want, assuming you can get the materials. I want to see you get some foamboard. One box of DollarTree Foamboard. What would that cost to get it to you? I'm not saying I can do it, because I can't. Maybe the fam can figure it out, though.

mayan

Legendary member
Wow. I'm just trying to keep up. This has to be the most active thread on the forum. Did Hai-Lee say FW190?!! And did mayan say TT190? mayan, you are onto something. I just wish it was more noob friendly. You are taking the TT fuse to whole new levels. You've got to figure out how to do it without plywood. Foamboard only. Do that, and the rest of us can build it.
We will figure it out I promise...
All I really want to do right now is go maiden the new painted SpiTTT, instead of being at work at the moment.

mayan

Legendary member
You can't be serious. You've CREATED something new and flown it. Successfully, I might add. I am honestly at a loss for words. That's only happened one other time on this forum.

At this point in your experience? mayan, you can build and crash whatever you want, assuming you can get the materials. I want to see you get some foamboard. One box of DollarTree Foamboard. What would that cost to get it to you? I'm not saying I can do it, because I can't. Maybe the fam can figure it out, though.
Honestly don't know how much it would cost... My main issue that I have with FB is the qaulity and wter resistance factors...

P.S. I promised my son to build the flying tank when the plans are available...

d8veh

Elite member
Ohh no. How did it go?! I am guessing if your ok to type time will make everything fine again. Fast recovery...
It went well. I hardly had any pain even though I refused to take the pain killers that they give you in the hospital. The main problem now is that I have to wear a neck brace for three months, which means that I can't look down to the building board. Worse still, it seems that I'm not allowed to drive a car while wearing one, so I can't get my planes to the flying field.

What impressed me the most about your project was the way you were able to fly the plane without crashing. You had a lot of new things to deal with and a plane with a more lively response than your previous ones, but you looked like a professional. Were you like a swan, calm and serene on the surface, but paddling like your life depended on it underneath, or was it as easy as it looked?

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
What impressed me the most about your project was the way you were able to fly the plane without crashing. You had a lot of new things to deal with and a plane with a more lively response than your previous ones, but you looked like a professional. Was you like a swan, calm and serene on the surface, but paddling like your life depended on it underneath or was itunderneath as easy as it looked?
Thanks for the kind words. I might have looked good on the outside but was panicking on the inside. At first I was worried it wouldn’t fly. Then when it did fly I was panicking to keep it in the air. At some point I was just enjoy something that can go really fast but really slow too. Having a plane cruise at 25% throttle was something I never had. But what I enjoyed the most was the fast turn I could take and tight loops I could do.

mayan

Legendary member
Thanks for the kind words. I might have looked good on the outside but was panicking on the inside. At first I was worried it wouldn’t fly. Then when it did fly I was panicking to keep it in the air. At some point I was just enjoy something that can go really fast but really slow too.
Another comment about this. At some point when the fear of the modification flying at all and the fact that I wasn’t crashing passed by. It became easy... I wasn’t worried about anything any more and had the time to enjoy something I created with some help from @Hai-Lee that was different. Really had the want to fly a warbird but was afraid to give it a shot because of how I imagined it would be to fly it. When you are still new and not sure you can even fly the TT well enough to be called an RC Pilot you can’t even think of you flying an edgy fast and fun warbird. I mean you might think of it, dream of it but don’t see it happening that fast. The TT really taught me to fly 4 channels and I really went through all the stages that the TT can offer. So now it’s going to teach me to fly warbirds and sports planes. Then I might even push myself to make it the TTEdge540

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
That paint job is fantastic, as is the quality of the build. You really do good work and it makes mine look downright shabby!:rolleyes::(.

Just please do not rush the maiden and make sure that everything is properly fitted and aligned before you launch it!

Looking forward to the next post. (Not something I do very often;)).

Have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
Hoping to go tomorrow worse case worse I’ll break something and go back to the work bench :)...

mayan

Legendary member
Just please do not rush the maiden and make sure that everything is properly fitted and aligned before you launch it!

Just finished a CRAP check so all ready for tomorrow... Just a little worried about the wind. Tomorrow afternoon should rain and that means the winds are picking up.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Do not feel pressured about the maiden! If it is too windy then do not risk it. You have a fair bit of time and effort involved in the build and so give it the best possible chance to be successful. If you judge it to be too windy then postpone the maiden and post here that the maiden was postponed until a better flying day! There is always another day!

Have fun!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
So now it’s going to teach me to fly warbirds and sports planes. Then I might even push myself to make it the TTEdge540
I laughed outloud. Not because the idea is bad, no. Because of how much I want to see that work, and your determination to make the TT fuse work with as many wings as possible. Another one! The Edge is the FOURTH model, if my count is correct. You are definitely ambitious, my friend.

I think you may have the perfect platform to do it with, too. The TT has a long fuse that is just begging for different wing designs. I would not have seen it. I hope I get equally inspired when I finally get to fly in RL.