SpiTTT (The TIny Trainer with a Spitfire Warbird Twist)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
@mayan That was BRILLIANT!

Your build was superb, the finish fantastic, and the maiden was spectacular.

Great work! have run out of words here!(y).

Have fun!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Now that mayan has flown his demonstration build I am able to add my BETA model's pictures.

My version whilst painted in a camo scheme lacks the decals and refinement of the latest offering from the thread originator.

In addition I do not have video facilities or capabilities and have no real desire to purchase them.

Anyway here are the Beta Pics such as they are.

The bungee launch
AWAY.jpg

Passing overhead
Bob's Spitfire Maiden Flt-8.jpg

Turning away
Bob's Spitfire Maiden Flt-9.jpg

Fly by
Cropped.jpg

The model is a great performer now to seems I may have to build a few and WITH CANOPIES!

It has been an adventure! I hope you all get around to enjoying it as I do.

Have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
Thanks @Hai-Lee ,
Appreciate it very much.... I will have to maiden it again when the wind is a little less strong. I found it very difcult keeping it steady in flight with this much of a wind. Sure it was me and that you might have done it better. I didn't want to reck it so I prefered not pushing my luck. You could see on the second go that the plane was stand still in the air at some point.

mayan

Legendary member
Now that mayan has flown his demonstration build I am able to add my BETA model's pictures.

My version whilst painted in a camo scheme lacks the decals and refinement of the latest offering from the thread originator.

In addition I do not have video facilities or capabilities and have no real desire to purchase them.

Anyway here are the Beta Pics such as they are.

The bungee launch
View attachment 120446

Passing overhead
View attachment 120447

Turning away
View attachment 120448

Fly by
View attachment 120449

The model is a great performer now to seems I may have to build a few and WITH CANOPIES!

It has been an adventure! I hope you all get around to enjoying it as I do.

Have fun!
@Hai-Lee you rocked it. Thank you first for helping out with everything during this adventure. Second for building and feedbacking the modification (SpiTTT) build process with me. And thrid for flying it and feedbacking the flying expreince. Appreciate this very very much...

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Thanks @Hai-Lee ,
Appreciate it very much.... I will have to maiden it again when the wind is a little less strong. I found it very difcult keeping it steady in flight with this much of a wind. Sure it was me and that you might have done it better. I didn't want to reck it so I prefered not pushing my luck. You could see on the second go that the plane was stand still in the air at some point.
You did well! Your choice not to push it was very wise.

But even with the weather it was beyond even my greatest expectations! I loved it and your skill in fighting it at times in the wind.

You do realise that you can no longer use the "Newbie" tag after that demonstration!

Now you get to answer the "20 questions" that will be thrown at you when others decide to build and fly one, plus there is your dilemma in selecting what to do next. Can you better yourself?

Superior build and performance!

Have fun!

Arcfyre

Elite member
I just went back and watched all the videos. Great job man, you really did something cool here. I can't say that enough. I love the look of your SpiTTT; both the design and how you painted it. I'll have to build one one of these days.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Your first build video! Congratulations Mayan! I'm sort of glad you forgot the batteries at the house. :) Your choice of content really demonstrates the amount of thought and ingenuity you put into this design. I'm even more impressed than I was before.

mayan

Legendary member
I want you all to see that even after making the SpiTTT modification to the TT you can always revert it back to the original TT and fly it.
324B2373-2429-47CC-881A-794E0A780C3C.jpeg

Video of me flying the SpiTTT with the original TT glider wing. Not to much of a good video...