spoied for choice

avgrech

I am thinking of making a scratch build , i want to make a plane that i can throw at the back of my car go to a small field and fly just for fun , i got a 6 ch transmitter , i have to buy the motor though i can re use a 930kv motor i got on my Cessna , and i can fly up to a nut ball , but id like something slower , are there any suggestions ?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I am thinking of making a scratch build , i want to make a plane that i can throw at the back of my car go to a small field and fly just for fun , i got a 6 ch transmitter , i have to buy the motor though i can re use a 930kv motor i got on my Cessna , and i can fly up to a nut ball , but id like something slower , are there any suggestions ?

There are not many options slower than a nutball... A nutball is probably the slowest you can get with outdoor capable airplanes. Indoor 2 channel RTF's may fly slow, but they're not scratchbuilds.

Aside from that, the type of plane you keep in your car for impromptu flying is usually an EPP wing like a Bonsai or a Tek Sumo:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=17969&aff=524347

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=17968&aff=524347

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Next size under the nutball/Funbat-light is really light planes in the region of 25-30 grams all up weight. That is the smallest integrated brick receiver, 1 cell lipo ... The planes are really durable in the air but you got to protect them when storing and transporting. Look att Parkzone Vapor and Ember II to get inspiration.
I dont know your nutball setup but have you tried with a 18-25 gram motor and a 2 cell 350 mAh battery?
I really light build make a lot of difference.

Bollie

One of my favorites is an extra 300 profile plan. I got the planes off RCPowers.com. Once you sign up you used to be able to get a few free planes one of which is an extra 300. It's a 3D plane and flies pretty slow, not as slow as a nutball but it's heaps of fun, very maneuverable and when you pop it up into a high alpha you it will just crawl along. Your 930KV motor would suit a 3D plane. I run mine with a 1200KV and a 10x4.7 prop. It's a little over powered but it means if I get into trouble I just have to pull up and power out of it