Help! Sport Cub S Ailerons suddenly moving in same direction at the same time

jsimmo97

Friends,

I need some assistance. My Sport Cub S suddenly started doing something funny. When you trigger the ailerons either left or right on the controller (Dx6i) both of the ailerons go up and down together! Obviously no way to fly it like that. Any idea what is going on? I have tried re-binding and even resetting my transmitter to no avail. Everything else works as expected.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

~Jason
Austin, Tx

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Friends,

I need some assistance. My Sport Cub S suddenly started doing something funny. When you trigger the ailerons either left or right on the controller (Dx6i) both of the ailerons go up and down together! Obviously no way to fly it like that. Any idea what is going on? I have tried re-binding and even resetting my transmitter to no avail. Everything else works as expected.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

~Jason
Austin, Tx
If your setup uses 2 separate channels for the ailerons it is possible that the mix for the second aileron has been lost! Sadly on some transmitters it is possible for the memory slot to be corrupted or even faulty causing the memory slot to be reset. At the local club we have had 2 such experiences where the models were being experimented on with the use of Flaperons. Sadly the trimming of the model in flight causes the memory to be rewritten and a glitch caused the slot to be reset. The result was a loss of aileron mixing and the reversal of a few control channels.

That is how I managed to get my first Four Star 20:whistle:

Try using a "Y" harness to connect the aileron servos and check to see if proper operation is restored.

Just what happened here!

Have fun!

Bricks

Master member
Sport Cub S does not have a Y cable it is an all in one receiver servos. On the DX6i can you reverse the servos, see if you did not accidentally do that. If that does not do it I would go to the Horizon website and there should be a download for your transmitter for the Cub S try that and see if that fixes your problem.

quorneng

Master member
As an owner of a DX6i it is possible for for it to loose part of a model memory.
As far as I can tell the problem arises if you switch off the Tx during the time it is actually loading a new model. As it only takes a few seconds accidentally switching off during that short period is rare but if you do some part of the programming seems to got "lost" next time you load that model memory.

jsimmo97

If your setup uses 2 separate channels for the ailerons it is possible that the mix for the second aileron has been lost! Sadly on some transmitters it is possible for the memory slot to be corrupted or even faulty causing the memory slot to be reset. At the local club we have had 2 such experiences where the models were being experimented on with the use of Flaperons. Sadly the trimming of the model in flight causes the memory to be rewritten and a glitch caused the slot to be reset. The result was a loss of aileron mixing and the reversal of a few control channels.

That is how I managed to get my first Four Star 20:whistle:

Try using a "Y" harness to connect the aileron servos and check to see if proper operation is restored.

Just what happened here!

Have fun!
Sport Cub S does not have a Y cable it is an all in one receiver servos. On the DX6i can you reverse the servos, see if you did not accidentally do that. If that does not do it I would go to the Horizon website and there should be a download for your transmitter for the Cub S try that and see if that fixes your problem.
i went back to scratch and loaded and programmed a whole new profile to NO avail. Not sure what the deal is but perhaps the board is whacked?
anyone have a crashed Sport Cub S with a good receiver they might want to part with??

jsimmo97

As an owner of a DX6i it is possible for for it to loose part of a model memory.
As far as I can tell the problem arises if you switch off the Tx during the time it is actually loading a new model. As it only takes a few seconds accidentally switching off during that short period is rare but if you do some part of the programming seems to got "lost" next time you load that model memory.
I loaded a whole new profile and that didnt work ;-(. Any other suggestions?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sounds like the board is whacked. The mixing is done on the controller and not in the transmitter. I'd try contacting the manufacturer for help.

Reactions: FDS