Sport cub s v2 weight problem

jolfstn74

One reason I chose the sport cub s was it's advertised compatibility with fpv. The camera to which it refers is out of production. I chose a similar model but it runs on 5-12volts. There is a auxillary power port on the cub board,but the plane is 1s 3.7v and does not power the camera. Adding batteries to power the camera adds too much weight and she won't fly. I have a couple of ideas,supplement the power with an additional single cell isolating the plane's circuitry with the use of a diode as a sort of 1 way check valve directing the current from the planes board and my additional battery only to the camera,or finding super tiny 3.7 volt maybe 40mah batteries to series hopefully this would be light enough. Or finally building and flying a larger more powerful plane and putting my camera on that and using my sport cub as a flight trainer as the maker intended

jolfstn74

Another idea: would the circuit board inside the sport cub 2s fry with 2s? I have a 2nd motor, what if I put the motors on the wings, camera where the motor used to be,would the circuit board fry at 7volts? Would require 2s I would think. If the board could stand 2s,I could run the camera & 2 motors on the wings should be powerful enough to carry the camera,any thoughts?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Another idea: would the circuit board inside the sport cub 2s fry with 2s? I have a 2nd motor, what if I put the motors on the wings, camera where the motor used to be,would the circuit board fry at 7volts? Would require 2s I would think. If the board could stand 2s,I could run the camera & 2 motors on the wings should be powerful enough to carry the camera,any thoughts?
I would not risk doubling the voltage to one of those boards unless you don't care if the smoke monster shows up. "-Might" be plausible to run it on 5V behind a ubec......

LB

jolfstn74

Yeah,I wound up ordering the 5v step up for the camera. Perhaps I'll build a dual engine plane though it's in my nature to f*** with things,try to make them do things beyond their design until they let the smoke out, occasionally wind up with a "huzzah" or "Eureka" then my comrades will slap me down for exclaiming like a 19th century dandy fop,one example I once got a Pentium II laptop to boot windows 7. It took 3 hours,but HUZZAH!

jolfstn74

What's an "ubec",and why might my circuit board not burn at 5v behind one? Before you answer,do keep in mind that This is a family friendly forum,Litterbug,no discussion of perverse pleasure contraptions permitted.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
LOL, I've been here on the forum long enough to understand the nature of the board. :) I will strive to keep my answer within those guidelines.

UBEC Is an efficient Battery Eliminator Circuit, aka voltage regulator. So if you drop 2S voltage down to 5Volts, you "May" be OK. Considering that 1S at full charge is 4.2V, it would not be a far stretch to think that an extra .8 volts would be as likely to nuke it, whereas, if you ran 2S fully charged it would be 8.4V and more likely to cause issues. That said, ANYthing over 1S runs the risk of overvolt damage since that is what they market it as.

Trying to run 2 motors off a single motor output would be likely to overload that control circuit. Unless you somehow have the ability to control the 2nd motor via another driver.

Cheers!
LB