Sport Cub S2:Community Opinion

Choose all that apply.

• Total voters
I was wondering what people thought about the BNF/RTF Sport Cub S2 by Hobbyzone? Would you say it flies well? Would you recommend it to a beginner? To an intermediate? To a master? Thanks

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I'd cast votes for all but "This plane is fast". It's a great and easy trainer but also an amazing plane to fly even if you are an expert with decades of experience.

bisco

Elite member
great plane in light wind or less, or indoors. i love mine, but a little small with my poor vision.

if the rtf, i would look closely at the tx details for future use.

personally, for a bnf, i would get a umx turbo timber and a dx6 or 6e (i?)

great plane in light wind or less, or indoors. i love mine, but a little small with my poor vision.

if the rtf, i would look closely at the tx details for future use.

personally, for a bnf, i would get a umx turbo timber and a dx6 or 6e (i?)
im thinking the fs-i6

bisco

Elite member
great tx, but you can't fly horizon planes with it. tough decisions i know, been there.
after two years, i still don't know where i'm headed in the hobby, and it's different for everyone.
the good thing about the flysky is the price. if you decide to move on down the road, whether to another tx or out of the hobby, not big investment gone.
but you will have to buy/build a plane to go with it.

great tx, but you can't fly horizon planes with it. tough decisions i know, been there.
after two years, i still don't know where i'm headed in the hobby, and it's different for everyone.
the good thing about the flysky is the price. if you decide to move on down the road, whether to another tx or out of the hobby, not big investment gone.
but you will have to buy/build a plane to go with it.
sport cub s2 has a bnf so i could just put in the receiver right?

Bricks

Master member
sport cub s2 has a bnf so i could just put in the receiver right?

Not really as the receiver board has micro connections and 2 built in servos, not saying you could not change but you would need to change out the rudder and elevator servo to something else. The receiver would maybe not have the micro connections unless you can find a receiver with these connections or rewire everything.

Not really as the receiver board has micro connections and 2 built in servos, not saying you could not change but you would need to change out the rudder and elevator servo to something else. The receiver would maybe not have the micro connections unless you can find a receiver with these connections or rewire everything.
how can i tell which receiver has the micro connections

Last edited:

bisco

Elite member
but then you're getting close to the price of the sport cub s2, which is better imo

Last edited: