Sports cub S2o

Mond

Hi a beginner here just purchased sports cub not flown yet. My understanding is that in beginners mode only pitch up and down plus rudder but I also have ailerons operation

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...in beginners mode ....
Not quite sure what you are asking.
Are you asking if a beginner should learn to fly on a 3 channel, (throttle, elevator & rudder) and not on a 4 channel (TER + aileron)

Or are you asking: Will you have aileron control in the beginner mode on something like a SAFE enabled receiver?
Answer Yes, in SAFE beginner mode you will have aileron control.

Regarding 3 or 4 channel plane for a beginner. This is an area of debate among the hobby. A lot of people will recommend a 3 channel for a beginner. Myself and many others, learned on a 4 channel and got along just fine. I'm not sure 3 or 4 channel makes a huge difference.

I would fly the plane you have.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hi a beginner here just purchased sports cub not flown yet. My understanding is that in beginners mode only pitch up and down plus rudder but I also have ailerons operation
The ailerons are supposed to be operational as well. The rudder is mixed in with the aileron input. Go ahead and fly it, it’s a great little plane!

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
The ailerons are supposed to be operational as well. The rudder is mixed in with the aileron input. Go ahead and fly it, it’s a great little plane!
Mine worked great until at ama camp it stopped working after overvoltage and throwing it upside down to launch

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
the sport cub (first version) was my first plane it flew great, even with out safe it was very easy to fly

Aviator936

in my opinion a 4 channel is the best because you have all areas of control and its easier to control in the air. when your a beginner i agree its much easier to fly with a slow turning plane however i dont think its safe. id go with the 4 channel